Michigan Non-Revenue Sports 2022-23 (and '24!)

They still don’t seem to be able to hit, unfortunately. At least not so far. The Florida win was 2-1 in 10 innings, and Michigan had one hit for the game. I’ll give them credit for being resourceful and opportunistic, though.

Nice 7th inning comeback win against Oregon St today for softball; seems like U-M has two pretty solid arms in the circle.

2 Likes

4-1 in the first tourney of the year is pretty darn impressive. Love it!

4 Likes

https://x.com/umichsoftball/status/1756717336860483601?s=20

5 Likes

So, the game-tying HR was hit by Maddie Erickson (soph.) and the game-winning hit and run were hit/scored by freshman (Vallimnont/Conway). It’s a young team. Keke Tholl is the one senior in the line-up and I suppose she could still have a Covid year.

2 Likes

As for the bats, we’ll see. Three of their games started at 10am or earlier. Even when I was a kid, I hated playing sports so early in the morning. To me, a noon start is early enough.

2 Likes

Erickson, Conway and Vallimont are three of the players who Bonnie Tholl said (on wtka) should provide more “offensive punch” this season (along with Ella Stephenson). Nice to see three of them contribute to today’s victory.

Also notable that she has enough confidence in Hoehn to put her into high pressure situations this early in her career.

1 Like

3-0 win vs. Seton Hall this morning for the softball team!

2 Likes

And they squashed Maine in the 2nd game, 11-0.

Softball might be a wagon this year. Today’s Louisville game will be telling.

I am hoping softball and lacrosse are good this year so we have relevant sports to follow into May. Doesn’t feel like baseball will be after giving up 14 runs to Western yesterday :frowning:

baseball is coming to UCLA in two weeks. I am excited

6 Likes

Do you have a go-to baseball concession item you like?

1 Like

Louisville won 2-0.

popping corn

Definitely BRATS!

The intentional walk.

I was hired to photograph Michigan Women’s Hockey this weekend. They lost a heartbreaker in OT to Lake Superior State.
As someone who’s greatest skill with ice was back when I used to bartend, I’m always impressed watching anyone play a sport on ice… well, except curling.

Tomorrow afternoon’s game is the regular season finalé. Come see them get revenge on LSSU!

1 Like

After a split yesterday, Michigan Softball takes two close ones today:
https://twitter.com/umichsoftball/status/1761506036530217028?t=6PBTtkIQIe0AQSp035SL1w&s=19

3 Likes

Rough day for the softballers. A 1-0 loss to Oregon State and then a 10-0 drubbing at the hands of UCLA.

Hopefully Deion will be in town. This is a great team that opened its season in epic fashion by beating the Champions of the West (traditional lax power U-Denver).