Michigan Non-Revenue Sports 2021-22

This UNC pickup is a super get for Coach Hutchins. I also like Tholl at 1b. Need to get that bat in the reg lineup for sure. I saw the article on M Go Blue site and was going to post it here and thought JD has got this. Thanks for living up to my expectations😉

2 Likes

Four Michigan players taken in the top 5 of tonight’s NHL Draft.

1. D Owen Power - Buffalo
  2. C Matthew Beniers - Seattle
  3. D Luke Hughes - New Jersey
  4. C Kent Johnson - Columbus

All have stated they’ll be in Ann Arbor this next season. I would be surprised if they all did though.

7 Likes

Pretty incredible…wish they had a chance to play in the tournament last year.

I think we get 3 of them back…not 4…fingers crossed.

2 Likes

5 in the top 24, Mel is the calipari/coach k of colllege hockey

4 Likes

It was announced a little while ago that Michigan’s three top five NHL draft picks (Power, Beniers, Johnson) have all decided to come back to Michigan! In some ways that would be like Houstan, Dickinson, and Diabate all staying after this season. Incredible. Lots of pressure, but going to be fun!

3 Likes

I think it’s great that these kids are comoing back to school. They’re gonna make their money eventually but school is still important to them! Good for them. And they actually play a sport that allows them to do this. Good for that professional sport!

1 Like

Well said…the NHL/NCAA set up is the best and it is even better with NIL. Owen Power could do commercials or events for the Sabres next year and make money while still at Michigan.

I would love to see that draft and follow model for basketball. (The MLB model is ok, but the three year handcuff is stupid for a sport like basketball.)

6 Likes

this is a huge deal:

11 Likes

Mel is the best recruiter on ums campus by far, just destroying it

3 Likes

Women’s soccer is 4-0 ranked 18 while field hockey #2 playi g number 1 Friday but they are missing four starters who are doing international competition

3 Likes

Michigan has the #1 Field Hockey team in the land and I photographed their 12-0 crushing of Ball State on Friday. Ball State did not get a SINGLE SHOT ON GOAL. Crazy!

I think I’m shooting two more games this season.

15 Likes

Amazing collection of action shots, close-ups and smiles. Great work!

3 Likes

Thanks, man!

Echo comment above. You are really good at this!

There is one photo, of a M athlete cutting or dribbling between two defenders and you can see the haze of the wet field on the ball and coming from her step. It is an awesome effect that shows her speed and power. Just a great, great photo.

5 Likes

Thanks, Dirk! I really love that they water down the field before the game. It really adds a lot to the look of the game when you shoot at high speeds.

2 Likes

The #1 team in the land had a very satisfying victory over Michigan State last night:

6 Likes

Michigan beat #24 Kent State today, in a tight one.

1 Like

They were exhibition games but Michigan Softball swept a double-header from CMU on a perfect Saturday afternoon. Here’s my gallery:

They have one more exhibition game this Thursday at 4pm, before the end of Fall ball. I’ll be there, clicking away. Admission is free, so if you’ve never checked out the team, here’s a good opportunity. Everyone on the team played on Saturday.

5 Likes

I guess a game that doesn’t count that doesn’t go 5 innings still counts?

Michigan was up 11-0 against University of Detroit Mercy with 2 outs and the bases loaded in the top of the 5th (they were the “away” team) when the skies opened up. The game went from a Rain Delay to a “Thanks for Coming!” in the span of maybe a minute.

Still, I had my cameras and took these shots.

2 Likes

Just an FYI: Huge field hockey game today on BTN at 3 pm ET, weather permitting. #2 Michigan at #1 Iowa.

2 Likes