Michigan Games Attended Live

Doesn’t matter where you went! As long as you cheer on legends like Trey and Tray you’re good!

3 Likes

1985 vs Kansas. CBS game featured a battle of freshman, Danny Manning and Gary Grant. Fun mid season out of conference game and a big Michigan win

5 Likes

That’s some star power right there

1 Like

Wish that one was on YouTube!

1 Like

Not sure about yall, but I’ve been winless in games on the road

2020 at OSU L
2022 at UCF L
2023 at MSU L
2024 at PSU L (Palestra)

Also not only just losses, but some brutal brutal basketball displays

I think my favorite game that I’ve been to was when Michigan upset #4 Duke (and Jon Scheyer) in the 2008-09 season followed by a court storm.

I had regular seats for the game, but the day of the game my girlfriend’s (now wife) roommate had tickets in the second row that they weren’t able to use so I got a nice seat upgrade to witness that upset. That was kind of the game that put the Beilein era on the map and ultimately contributed to Michigan making their first tournament in forever.

5 Likes

those two consecutive novak 3s!

2 Likes

Best game I’ve been at was Michigan vs Loyola Chicago in 2018. My family had decided to combine my bday, my dad’s bday, and a spring break vacation into one and go to San Antonio. I wasn’t aware and was given the tickets to the 2018 final four for my bday and they told me the plan of our trip then… only thing is that my birthday is in late February… so we had actually bought the tickets to the 2018 final four when Michigan was 19-7 (8-5 B1G) coming off an L at Northwestern. Michigan proceeded to go 14-0 en route to the national title game that we had already planned to go to. An incredible display of luck brought that on!

7 Likes

I watched Michigan demolish a NBA developmental league (now G-League) team.

2 Likes

I can’t remember going to again until my freshman year, which was the Fab Five’s sophomore year. Ticket demand was so high you could only buy a half-season package, getting every other game.

2 Likes

Oh, about 1976 M v Sparty. Rickey Green and the boys handled the Spartys easily but I was impressed with a young freshman (or maybe sophomore, don’t remember if freshman could play then) Greg Kelser.

4 Likes

It seems low stakes, but I think the happiest I have been in Crisler (I never got to a home game in the Beilein era) was the 2003 home win against MSU, 60-58

6 Likes

Great topic dmb son. This is dmb dad’s list:

First game at crisler was a 1987 100-92 win over Iowa in at least 2 OT’s. Though I can’t find proof that it was an OT game but I swear 15 year old dmb dad remembers it going to OT

First meaningful game as a student was the defending champs beating Duke (who would eventually lose title game) in OT

Best home loss as a student was the OT loss to Duke in 1991 with the fab 5.

Best Michigan games ever attended were the 1992 sweet 16 and elite 8 games at Rupp arena where we beat Oklahoma State and Ohio State in OT to go to the final 4

6 Likes

every time you do this I genuinely cannot tell if this is a bit or if you legitimately share an account or something :sweat_smile: which one of you is the really passionate one about Isaiah Barnes? is it both of you??

2 Likes

Around 1976 with UM against Northwestern at Crisler. Michigan had Phil Hubbard and Northwestern wasn’t very good but Billy McKinney had over 30 and kept NW in it before Michigan’s talent got the best of the Wildcats.

3 Likes

lol. This is dmb dad. I usually just lurk and leave the posting to dmb son. This topic just got me remembering my college days so I couldn’t resist posting.

Dmb son was on his own with his Barnes love :joy:

3 Likes

My brain is filling in a letter and I am reading this is dumb dad posting for dumb son :joy:

1 Like

(Back to dmb son)

It is genuine lol never a bit. If my dad posts he’ll call it out. We made a deal when I graduate then I have to buy my own subscription here so then we can officially argue in the forum on separate subscription accounts.

The Isaiah Barnes love is all me :rofl:

And he HATES the Tricky Tray bit I do and finds it annoying when I chant tricky tray at the TV as we lose to Minnesota at home

3 Likes

I go to neutral site stuff with my wife

March Madness in LA and Anaheim

Vegas with @kevmc21 and @Silver249 , met @bluejayway

not sure if I’ve hooped it up with @willywill9 but shout out to my cousin

Rose Bowl 2024 baby

8 Likes

Amazing environemnt.

Shitty setup in every way.

3 Likes