Michigan announces Juwan Howard as new head coach

Who usually coached the wings? Was that Beilein’s turf? I think Wilson would be easier to sway if we had somebody who specializes in his type.

Link to his presser (should be starting shortly): https://mgoblue.com/watch/?Live=581&type=Archive

Juwan shedding tears for the program already!

8 Likes

The stream working for everyone? I am getting a black screen.

It’s working for me.

I’m watching on my phone. Working for me.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: tears of joy

If you’re using Chrome try a different browser.

He is full of emotion. that should tell people alot of him as a person. he’s dedicated!

2 Likes

Watching Juwan shed tears for this program:

10 Likes

only complaint, not sure i missed it, but no acknowledgement of Beilein’s work so far from warde or juwan. correct me if wrong

Warde had a brief comment about his 12 years.

3 Likes

ok missed it, thanks!

Both Warde and Howard have mentioned him. Juwan thanked him already.

4 Likes

One of Warde’s first comments was to thank Beilein for his 12 years and building the program.

6 Likes

Good to see Jimmy King there, also did you all see the big smile on Liver’s face. i think he will do well here, hopefully the faithful give him time to do the work needed to make things happen for michigan.

1 Like

Three early reactions - 1. Love the emotion - you really feel like Howard is going to give it his all whether he succeeds or fails - he absolutely loves the university.
2. Really going to be a players’ coach - you can tell he is good at building relationships and is a good guy - has referenced the players repeatedly and has indicated they will have a say in what is going to happen with the program.

1. No in depth information regarding X and O’s or any type of offensive/defensive philosophy (not surprising at this point, but really interesting to see where it all goes).
6 Likes

It was the first thing Warde said.

Geeze, Warde going all in eh?

Yea he just gave someone the bidness lol. good point though everyone has to start somewhere.