Michigan announces Juwan Howard as new head coach

1 Like

I’ve given this some thought and believe Juwan should hire Dylan as an analyst ASAP.

10 Likes

Only if he can still write UM Hoops …

3 Likes

He’s not a home run hire like Donovan, but he could end up a grand slam. His ceiling as a coach is very high IMO. His floor is low because it’s his first whack at a HC job.

But I’m gonna be optimistic because I’ve always like him and everything I’ve read about him leads me to believe he’s a good person, let alone a potentially good coach.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Any other programs off the top of anyone’s head have two alumni as the coaches of the revenue sports?

2 Likes

There have been tweets circulating around the past couple days that Michigan would be the only school with this situation

4 Likes

Thanks, reegs.

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

Wow, what a turn of events…after last season, many were opining on how good this team would be next year with Iggy and Jordan, etc coming back; all while obviously having John as coach. Oi vayyy, what a 180, sighhh…

No doubt.

So many turns of events. My undergraduate years saw the Jamal Crawford suspension, the banners coming down, Michigan fans with Rick Pitino faces on sticks jeering Ellerbe, and just a lot of fallout from the 1990s. I believed in Amaker and think he got some bad breaks with injuries, and even when things didn’t work out people seemed to appreciate the class he brought to the program.

I “fell in love” with Beilein during the 2005 WVU upset of Wake Forest and went wild when he was announced as the coach. It’s been an amazing era of Michigan basketball.

My hopes for next year are a bit tempered now, but I really like the idea that Juwan can unite different eras of Michigan basketball history. Just starting to remember what it felt like to go to elementary school in the early 90s and hear my classmates talk about Juwan, Jalen, and C-Webb…and then hit the court during recess.

6 Likes

I won’t be pessimistic about next year until we see if we can reel in a player or two (Wilson, Franz, Cumberland)

2 Likes

I would have to think Franz and Wilson are the top targets to get. Not many times you can get that caliber of talent this late.

1 Like

Wonder if there are any 2020 kids who would/could reclassify to join Coach Howard’s first team?

1 Like