Michigan announces Juwan Howard as new head coach

It’s okay to be happy tonight. We got Juwan, have an Oberon!!

3 Likes

I have it in good authority that Dylan isn’t interested in an analyst position at Michigan…or anywhere. Let’s face it, he is rather busy keeping us all in line, happy, and incredibly well informed! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is it safe to assume we’re getting Duke in Crisler for ACC/Big Ten?

8 Likes

Even if we don’t land anyone , as long as no one else leaves there is no reason to pessimistic period. Does Wilson (not totally dead yet) and coach b leaving hurt our chances to make a deep, deep run? Sure , but there is still a lot of talent here.

The only way I can see a major debacle is injury. Even if not one player improved it would still be a good team just not elite.

Zavier might not be able to shoot but that kid is a rock of a leader and I don’t see this squad folding barring no other major losses. I have faith teske and him are going to be ready to lead another good squad.

3 Likes

Agreed. What big ten teams have a better trio than Simpson-Livers-Teske?

MSU does with Winston, Tillman, and Langford/Henry (I’m guessing Henry will be better by next year). Maryland maybe. Illinois’ got a good core, but they would have to become much more efficient IMO. I’m sure I’m missing someone obvious, but Iowa’s the only other team I can think of that’s even in the conversation and Bohannon might be out for the season.

Obviously the spots in between those three are a concern, but a trio like that has a pretty damn high ceiling IMO.

1 Like

I think that core should be easily enough to make the tournament barring some first year disaster.

that is correct

Is it bad I’m already sick of hearing about the fab five and their drama?

9 Likes

I would suggest you get used to it :rofl:

11 Likes

You should look upon this as a positive. Up until the last few days, talk of the Fab Five was mostly about the drama between Jalen and Chris, Chris and the school. With Juwan at the center, there should be very little drama.

True they need to hug it out so the focus can go back to the team and not them.

I’m not ready for Chris Webber to be in my life

3 Likes

Doesn’t hurt with recruiting, get Michigan basketball in the headlines as much as possible, get the 30 for 30 going over the summer, and capitalize on the hype as much as possible

No. I’m with you

Yaklich and Sanderson both staying on board.

3 Likes

Where did you see that?

1 Like

According to…?

If that’s your own belief, please say so. If your statement is based on hard evidence, please share it with us.

I hope it’s true, but we’ve been on quite the emotional rollercoaster over the past ten days.

2 Likes

Might wanna get used to hearing Rose and Webber constantly talking about the Fab Five and themselves because I’m sure they realize the more they do, the more publicity Juwan and Michigan gets. Hard for recruits not to notice when they are on their TV screens nonstop.

7 Likes