Michigan announces Juwan Howard as new head coach

3 Likes

In the internet hall of mirrors, you sometimes end up looking at yourself. . . and you may not be all that cute, JEFF.

Dude tried to make a bet with Yak’s wife that he was right and she was wrong

They’re going to stay just to spite him now

1 Like

They really want to win that $100 bet for charity.

Things that make you go hmmm considering we are looking for a hc to be a assistant

3 Likes

His son is the top ranked player in ESPN’s 2021 rankings…

3 Likes

brutal record at milwaukee so far

Milwaukee is such a disaster that he may want to get out. But his son is the #1 player in the country for 2021, probably how Jace knows him. The official MBB twitter following him is interesting.

EDIT: I guess just he is following the MBB account. He probably just wants to recruit Jace.

Baldwin is following the official mbb account

He lost his four best players (only one senior) last year after a totally acceptable first year.

1 Like

MLive reporting Jay Smith as a candidate. Assistant for the Fab Five teams and the man hired by Steve Fisher to replace him after the 1989 title. Spent nine years at CMU and coached Chris Kaman too, and is currently head coach at Kalamazoo. The caveat, for obvious reasons, is that he is currently battling prostate cancer.

Jay smith is on the downside of his career. I’d bet this is for an off court role.

I thought Haynes was point on Bajema? I recall he was the first to watch him live on the west coast after he impressed at camp.

HARD pass. I’m a hard line money-baller. Stats don’t lie. Settling for a pull-up means you’re not executing well enough :wink:

2 Likes

I just hope the staff is in place by the presser, not sure how realistic that is but need to get this thing rolling.

The Bill Belichick approach is better than the money-ball approach, IMO. Take advantage of the market flavor of the month of the month to create efficiencies/inefficiencies. Market swings too far in one direction, take advantage of “buying low” or “selling high” in the other direction.

In this case, yes, 3pt shots are more valuable than 2pt shots. When contested the pull-up 2pter or contested foul-line jumper is a bad mathematical option, but when left wide open the math equation changes. Very few defenses can shut down all 3 scoring levels (rim, midrange, 3pt range), so more defenses are geared toward strongly contesting the 3pt line and then trying to protect layups/dunks at the rim —> that leaves a big gap in the mid-range jumper area of a defense.

3 Likes

Screenshot_2019-05-23%20Cole%20Bajema%20has%20Michigan%20basketball%E2%80%99s%20full%20attention%20Here%E2%80%99s%20why%20

Bajema was very much a John Beilein point man type of deal. Haynes was the first assistant that went out and watched him but I remember Beilein handling a lot of his recruitment.

2 Likes