Michigan announces hiring of Dusty May's first staff members

1 Like

Interesting note in here… Church and Williamson both worked with the bigs at FAU.

Makes sense because Joyner and Miskdeen are both guards.

10 Likes

i get very good leader vibes from a guy who can hire over his former assistants and still bring those assistants with him to fill other roles. speaks to a guy who people want to keep working with AND the ability to have tough conversations without either side taking it really personally.

26 Likes

Yep. I just love the Dusty May hire and it looks like he has compiled a great staff.

Now we just need NIL to become at least somewhat competitive enough to start filling out a quality roster.

1 Like

Thought there was one other, Harrell? I think he’s in another capacity or did he not get hired

https://x.com/umichbball/status/1781020004831367454?s=46&t=SywsRwjImAPP0DFzyXGjwg

11 Likes

sources tell me this an incredible staff

12 Likes

Any idea on who the new strength coach is going to be?

I could not care less who the new strength coach is. I hope it’s Mike barwis

10 Likes

Regardless of what happens with a given player in the portal, the future is very bright overall.

1 Like

Kim Barnes-Arico

6 Likes

So the interesting stuff here is the roles:

Church is AC + GM
Williamson is AC + DPP
Gilbert is special assistant.

Then presumably Harrell is DOBO but that wasn’t announced here

4 Likes

I knew it. fkng disgusting

So on the non top 3 assistants but basketball adjacent staff roles we are going from:

Jaaron Simmons Video Coordinator
Jay Smith DPP
Chris Hunter DOBO

to

Kyle Church Assistant/GM
Drew Williamson Assistant/DPP
Brandon Gilbert Special Assistant

plus presumably a separate video coordinator and DOBO coming? certainly a DOBO but maybe Gilbert and the other assistants are taking on the video coordinator roles.

11 Likes

Yeah, the 4th and 5th assistant roles are clearly titled up and hired up… I guess there’s still some question what the additional spots look like and how many there are.

I think every staff in the country has a DOBO and a Video Coordinator and GAs, etc. so not announcing them implies something is still being figured out with them.

5 Likes

it’s me. I am the video coordinator

The Block Ms on this graphic stress me out! It’s like a QR code or something.

7 Likes

It’s a hidden message:

BESURETODRINKYOUROVALTINE

4 Likes

Mike Boyton > Dusty May