Michigan announces 2020-21 schedule

NC State will update its future status upon its return to Raleigh.

https://twitter.com/packmensbball/status/1335092849759567872?s=21

Western and Central both are off this upcoming mid week. Wonder if something quick could be thrown together there.

1 Like

Think CMU already has 25 games scheduled and is not in an mte, so they are full. WMU could work

2 Likes

If we substitute Western or Central, we have a chance to strengthen the argument that Michigan would win the MAC! :wink:

6 Likes

Is Notre Dame still looking for a game?

I think U-M should make every effort to find a decent game to fill the spot if thereā€™s a cancelation. Reschedule with NCSU, find another team. Plugging in a mid-major wouldnā€™t be all that inspiring.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I saw that they added someone.

What?

OSU is scheduled to play at ND in the Big 10/ACC Challenge.

Wake Forest is the ACC team that is not scheduled to play in the Challenge. Just replace NCState with Wake Forest.

3 Likes

They donā€™t have a game scheduled for Wednesday so that would actually make sense in the scheme of the B1G-ACC Challenge.

Wake isnā€™t really better than the MAC teams weā€™ve played

1 Like

The Wisconsin/Louisville game is also in jeopardy though because Louisville has positive tests. So donā€™t think it is as easy as just adding Wake.

Score 2 wins for the B1G then :upside_down_face:

I mean this in the kindest possible way. I honestly think we should just be thankful that we have college basketball and Michigan Basketball in particular. On March 12 of last year 15 minutes or so before the scheduled tipoff of Michiganā€™s opening round game in the B1G Tournament, as I sat in front of my TV excitedly awaiting the game, I had no idea that there would be no more basketball for the rest of the year. If we cannot play NC State on Wednesday, and that seems probable at this point, I would love to watch Michigan play Wake or Western or just about anyone.

This is going to get worse before it gets better and we need, I think, to cherish every game our young men get to play and every game that we are privileged to watch. This is just the perspective of a little old silver haired Michigan Basketball fan who dearly wants to see our guys play, SAFELY, as many times as possible until we can get on the other side of this pandemic. I just know that it can be taken away at any moment, and that nothing is a given, at this point. If we canā€™t play NC State I would love to watch a UM vs Wake game!

13 Likes

I retract my CMU suggestion after seeing that they lost to D2 Flagler College by 19

2 Likes

Flagellated by Flagler.

1 Like