MEGAPOD: Offseason outlook on the Michigan roster

I don’t think you and Brendan mentioned Jace on the pod…could he be in the mix at all this year, or is he on the Nunez path for now?

I don’t see any path to him playing in the rotation next year.

1 Like

I think Diabate playing at least 15 minutes a game is pretty much a given as well.

2 Likes
1 Like

Here’s hoping this one has a strong January-2021 vibe to it.

2 Likes

Chuck Barkley is an unicorn. He’s 6’4" 280 lbs and is a freak athlete. T-Will most certainly not a freak athlete.

That’s probably fair and I should have said that…though where he plays is a bit up in the air. Assuming he takes all the center minutes leftover and some at PF, you’re looking at:

35 minutes at guard - battle between Collins, Jackson, Jones, Bufkin

50 minutes at forward - battle between Bufkin, Houstan, Barnes, Williams, Johns, Diabate

Also, sculpt that body, get stronger and quicker. A lot can get done in 6 months with The Sandman.

Just getting caught up with the pod but like some of the talk above am scratching my head about Bufkin and his role. I do think the most likely outcome as Dylan said is we are super excited about the prospects of sophomore Kobe Bufkin. But what if he is too good to keep off the court this year? This is a scenario where “PG Eli Brooks” becomes more realistic if Bufkin>Jones/Collins. Bufkin at the 3 is an option, but with the squeeze in the front court I just don’t see that happening to any large degree.

This is precisely Livers freshman year. 34% shooter and if I remember correctly had a lot of good looks and just struggled to put the ball in the hole, especially early.