McQuaid down to MSU and Creighton

Hadn’t followed his recruitment since we dropped him and he de-committed from SMU. Known as a shooter. It appears that MSU leads here.

I’m ok if he ends up there.

Exceptional shooter, but that is all he will be on the college level & why I think JB never offered.

Izzo’s recruiting has been interesting to say the least. IMO, they are in desperate need of elite guards and wings yet no one is biting. Davis is a good early get, but they haven’t landed much to write home about in 3 years now.

Yeah I like McQuaid’s game but a perimeter full of him and Ahrens isn’t going to strike fear in my eyes

Izzo's recruiting has been interesting to say the least. IMO, they are in desperate need of elite guards and wings yet no one is biting.

Harris, Forbes, Valentine…yeah ok

I like Ellis and Bess more than Duncan Robinson

Add in McQuaid

If they are in desperate need, what will UM be with Caris gone and no Irvin?

About a year ago, people were saying bad classes in 2014 and 2015 would finish Izzo…he has recovered nicely imo. Swanigan/Ellenson and McQuaid would cement that.

Ironically, UM is in danger of coming up empty in 2015, while everyone else in the B1G is striking gold

Is it really ironic if michigan didn’t recruit anyone in 2015? They recruited for two positions and have filled one of the two slots

And MSU has had better talent than what you cite to for them moving forward. If michigan was able to beat Appling, Harris, Valentine and Payne I think they can handle Eron Harris, Valentine and a mid major guard

So I’m not sure it can be considered “danger” if the coaching staff didn’t think they needed to offer a lot of slots. As long as 2016 is good they will be fine. Recruiting goes in two year cycles.

Is it really ironic if michigan didn't recruit anyone in 2015? They recruited for two positions and have filled one of the two slots

And MSU has had better talent than what you cite to for them moving forward. If michigan was able to beat Appling, Harris, Valentine and Payne I think they can handle Eron Harris, Valentine and a mid major guard

Yeah, if Stauskas, LeVert and GR3 show up, I’ll agree

So I'm not sure it can be considered "danger" if the coaching staff didn't think they needed to offer a lot of slots

The coaches aren’t all-knowing. We will see what happens if a playmaker isn’t added to replace LeVert or Irvin/Walton go pro in the spring. Assuming 2016 will be good is huge assumption too. The rest of the B1G is getting better.

Izzo's recruiting has been interesting to say the least. IMO, they are in desperate need of elite guards and wings yet no one is biting.

Add in McQuaid

I like Valentine. Think he’s going to have a break out year. We ended up with Stauskas instead of Valentine, even though we wanted Denzel. We could probably have had Ahrens, McQuaid and/or Bess had we pursued them, but we passed on all of them. All are solid gets, but second tier guys. OTOH, they will be around 4 years and buy into Izzo’s way. They will have a lot of depth on wings in '15 with Valentine, Harris, Forbes, Bess, Ahrens and McQuaid. IF they get either Swanigan or Ellenson to go with Davis, Izzo will be in great shape. PG will be the ? Can Lourawls be the guy? Missed on every other PG target.

Add in McQuaid

We could probably have had Ahrens, McQuaid and/or Bess had we pursued them, but we passed on all of them.

Bess and McQuaid decided before anything could escalate. I see both at least as good as Dawkins and Robinson.

UM need another playmaker. Maybe MAAR becomes a shooter in year 2 or Irvin stays and becomes a playmaker but the B1G is catching up.

Add in McQuaid

Izzo had done a real good job filling in his recruiting classes when I figured they’d be in trouble.

If I’m MSU, I’d take Bess over Duncan.
If I’m Michigan, I’d take Duncan over Bess.

Each system plays better to different players.

Odds of Irvin/Walton going pro aren’t very high. And in which case I’ll take a lineup of Walton, Irvin, Chatman, Wilson, Doyle with Robinson, MAAR, Spike, Dawkins and Donnal… Pretty strong team if you ask me

Odds of Irvin/Walton going pro aren't very high.

Based on what?
And that team is 1 playmaker to short.

1 playmaker short for what? That team would contend for the big ten title.

And hey, if Walton or Irvin has a good enough year to go pro then that means we had a very good year and I’m okay with that

And to answer your question. Walton is a solid PG but no different than most other good college PGs and doesn’t offer anything special that equates to an early entry NBA draft pick.

As for Irvin, his game isn’t well rounded enough to be drafted as an early entry either. He can shoot but not much else.

And like I said, if somehow either one dispels those scouting reports and plays their way into the NBA draft that is awesome because it means michigan had a hell of a season

Based on what?

Who are the playmakers on MSU in '15? Valentine and who else?

And to answer your question. Walton is a solid PG but no different than most other good college PGs and doesn't offer anything special that equates to an early entry NBA draft pick.

As for Irvin, his game isn’t well rounded enough to be drafted as an early entry either. He can shoot but not much else.

And like I said, if somehow either one dispels those scouting reports and plays their way into the NBA draft that is awesome because it means michigan had a hell of a season

You should always plan as if they will.

And that team would be behind OSU, Illinois, maybe Indiana, maybe Nebraska. maybe MSU, maybe Maryland and Wisconsin is always there. Add a playmaker and its different.

Based on what?

Who are the playmakers on MSU in '15? Valentine and who else?

Harris, Forbes, Nairns can all get shots from a static position. Ellis and Bess look like great they can too.

Walton, Irvin, Chatman, MAAR is a small pool of potential candidates

Michigan won a share of the big ten title with 1.5 guys who could create their own shot a few years ago. Beilein’s system will generate offense without one on one slashers