Luke Kennard Decision Monday

I completely agree with TrueBlueKuws, Chazer, and JBlair52 (who thankfully always brings common sense to this board). JB and staff have a recruiting philosophy and plan that has produced winning results. Questioning that philosophy makes absolutely no sense to me. What we know about in regards to recruiting targets and what is going on behind the scenes are very likely two different things. Haven’t our coaches earned our trust by now?

TrueBlueKuws, thanks for your insight, and here’s a piece of advice – don’t expect everyone to “get it.” On a message board, some fans will disagree on the merits, many more will stick with whatever position they have out of stubborness and may not even be looking to “get it” - they enjoy arguing or simply voicing anxiety or frusrtation. Say what you have to say and trust that most people will listen to and make reasonable judgments, but don’t expect to quiet all the crazy opinions. Thanks again for your posts.

Haven't our coaches earned our trust by now?

Nope.

Beilein’s recruiting has brought us a national runner-up, 2 Big 10 Titles, and TBD on the finish to this season.

And remember when we went to the National Title game last year, most of the 2014 prospects were already entrenched into their coaching/school relationships. 2015 is really the first year where our “success” is going to play a strong factor and it looks like we have a number of good prospects.

Hasn’t Beilein’s recruiting been improved? Haven’t we seen on-court results that we like?

Beyond all of that…it’s Beilein’s job on the line. Not yours. I’m sure he’s not chilling at the country club all year.

The 4 and 5 star ratings are great for incoming freshman but I wonder why they stop the evaluations once they get to school. Trey comes in a 3 Star and I think everyone would agree he left as a 5. Same for THJ, Nik, Caris and Morgan. Why not continue to rate the player other than the NBA ratings…JB does a great job of finding the fit to the culture!

I just read the recruiting article on Freep…good read.

Go Blue!

2015 is really the first year where our "success" is going to play a strong factor and it looks like we have a number of good prospects.

Like who?

No one is questioning his recruiting any other year just seems odd to have 2 offers out when 5 spots will probably be open next year. I don’t think anyone is calling for one and done or strictly 5 star but that top 150 is going to dry up quick and many of these prospects are starting to form favorites and at what point is it to late to jump into recruitments?

Say Brunson commits elsewhere and we get Coleman + 4 unranked guys… is that what anyone expected? Probably not. In the end, I have no doubt JB will find productive players, will have ranked team that win games and make the tourney, but the fact that every championship team has had NBA talent/ 5 stars on it speaks for itself.

Yeesh, some of you guys are harsh. It’s March… Kameron Chatman wasn’t offered and was barely on the radar last March.

Everything develops at a different pace and this summer is when things will start to heat up for 2015 guys. Michigan has two offers out on guys they really like… Do you think they aren’t going to offer anyone once visits, camp and AAU start up?

Who is out there right now that they should rush to offer?

Yeesh, some of you guys are harsh. It's March... Kameron Chatman wasn't offered and was barely on the radar last March.

Everything develops at a different pace and this summer is when things will start to heat up for 2015 guys. Michigan has two offers out on guys they really like… Do you think they aren’t going to offer anyone once visits, camp and AAU start up?

Exactly…it’s only March, and there’s plenty of time to offer the guys we want. And frankly, it makes a lot more sense to wait until we see who’s leaving and who’s staying, from us and from other teams. If we lose all three guys to the NBA, Beilein might still want to grab someone this year, as he did in 2012 with LeVert and Albrecht.

There’s nothing wrong with being able to tell a kid, honestly, “We’ve looked at a lot of players very carefully, and we want YOU, because of who you are as a player and a person,” as opposed to saying, essentially “Hey, we’ve offered 10 5 star guys this year, so you’re just a face in a crowd, and if you don’t pick us, we don’t really care, because someone else will”. Maybe that works for a team like Kentucky, and maybe it would even be nice to have that luxury, but in the end, it’s not the kind of approach I’d like to see us take. The offers will come, you can be sure.

Right. There’s so many “recruitniks”, of course you all have the answers. The current top 100 has plenty of non committed prospects and there will be plenty of unranked player uncommitted that will move into the top 100. WTF is the angst???

Kinda funny a team full of 3* (Wisconsin) just beat a team full of 4/5* (Arizona).
Interesting. Well done, Ryan.