Looks like Michigan at Rutgers will be at MSG

Seems like the MSG games have been big fun in recent years; I don’t understand the grousing. If the timetable is such that they’re not rested for the next game, that’s not good. But otherwise. . . that’s a likely win in front of a very enthusiastic crowd, hopefully including some recruits.

1 Like

I can’t speak to any other cities but I’ve done the get off work, hit up dinner in the west loop and seen a game at the UC plenty. It’s a pretty great time imo.

McCormick is not at all interesting to me.

MSG is cool because NYC is amazing. MSG as an arena is whatever. Nothing great about it.

2 Likes

Long, long time since I attended a game there. But when it’s full of Michigan fans–as it has been the last couple of times we played there–it sure looked like it was rockin’ on TV.

I’m just commenting on the arena itself. It’s a dump on the outside and nothing special inside.

1 Like

This news just made my day. Since I’ve been able to afford to attend these games in NYC, I’ve seen UM play WVU and Nova at Barclays as well as SMU, Penn State, and Purdue (BTT) at MSG.

For every game I’ve attended, UM has had a massive fan advantage over their opponent, and it’s easy to tell that the players feed off the home court atmosphere.

4 Likes

One other thing about this, I am sure the players would prefer an msg game against Rutgers than a home game against Rutgers.

2 Likes

Agreed. Nothing to complain about here, esp for those of us on the east coast. I haven’t been able to make it to Piscataway for road games the last few years, but am looking forward to finally getting one of those in this year.

Others who’ve seen MSG games – did you scalp? My viewing partner for that PSU game in '16 had free tix through work, so I didn’t get a sense of the ticket market. I’m assuming it’s probably going to be cheaper to go through the secondary market on this one though.

Horrible take here. Great sports town. Just have to look at the way the city handled the Blues Stanley Cup win and parade for evidence.

But I don’t see it coming here due to the fact that we’re outside the footprint and while Illinois has a presence here it’s really a Mizzou town.