Levert and walton:the what if thread

If walton hadn’t been bothered by this toe injury all year and levert didn’t get hurt I think this team could have had potential to get to the tourney and pull some upsets. Spike has a big of his swag back that seemed to disappear for a while. Irvin has improved especially defensively. We get halfway decent minutes out of our bigs sometimes now. Add this to a healthy walton (many times this year it was clear his toe was holding him back) plus leverts all around game with maar and dawkins off the bench and this would have been a pretty good rotation in the end. Kinda sucks.

a bit, not a big when referring to spike. my fault.

In a vacuum, maybe. Do MAAR and Dawkins develop as well if LeVert and Walton don’t miss time? Maybe, maybe not. I think that if you put LeVert and Walton back on this team now, it is a VERY solid team that could contend for a Big Ten Championship. The problem is that this isn’t the same team we saw before. When LeVert was healthy, the offense was basically “Okay, Caris, save us”.

The mentality has changed now, yes, but I’m not confident it would have otherwise.

What if they stayed healthy and McGary Robinson and stauskas all stayed another year we would be right next to kentucky

Yeah and Burke decided he wanted to win a Championship so he stayed until his Senior year and then we got Jahlil Okafor, Devin Booker, Stanley Johnson, and Emmanuel Mudiay decided he didn’t actually want to play overseas and came to Michigan instead, PLUS the NCAA decided to reinstate Jamal Crawford after realizing the error in their ways. Lastly, the reincarnation of Wilt Chamberlain committed to us and scored an average of 80 pts. per game and 50 rebounds per game. If that happened we’d be neck and neck with Kentucky right now.

We weren’t good with Levert and Walton in the lineup. Walton was playing injured so I understand his struggles. Levert is not a good fit in JB’s offense. He dribbles the air out of the ball and kills any potential flow on that end. I May be in the minority but I am fine with him going pro.

Yeah and Burke decided he wanted to win a Championship so he stayed until his Senior year and then we got Jahlil Okafor, Devin Booker, Stanley Johnson, and Emmanuel Mudiay decided he didn't actually want to play overseas and came to Michigan instead, PLUS the NCAA decided to reinstate Jamal Crawford after realizing the error in their ways. Lastly, the reincarnation of Wilt Chamberlain committed to us and scored an average of 80 pts. per game and 50 rebounds per game. If that happened we'd be neck and neck with Kentucky right now.

Idk how to even respond to this.

We weren't good with Levert and Walton in the lineup. Walton was playing injured so I understand his struggles. Levert is not a good fit in JB's offense. He dribbles the air out of the ball and kills any potential flow on that end. I May be in the minority but I am fine with him going pro.

I disagree majorly with this. Last year he was very good, it isn’t like all of the sudden that he is not good in that offense or else he would not have had the year he had last year. Maybe he is not good as the main roll but he can play in the offense.

We weren't good with Levert and Walton in the lineup. Walton was playing injured so I understand his struggles. Levert is not a good fit in JB's offense. He dribbles the air out of the ball and kills any potential flow on that end. I May be in the minority but I am fine with him going pro.

I disagree majorly with this. Last year he was very good, it isn’t like all of the sudden that he is not good in that offense or else he would not have had the year he had last year. Maybe he is not good as the main roll but he can play in the offense.

Which is my point. He does not make the team better as the go-to guy. As a role player, I’d take him all day. Unfortunately, we haven’t recruited anyone that would force Levert to be a role player.

I saw way too much standing around the first half of this season while Levert tried to dribble a hole in the floor. Levert made no one around him better besides himself.

I agree those thoughts were in a vacuum where dawkins and Maar show out still a bit. There is something to be said to about how the ball was dying with levert a lot, or the whole team basically just gave it to him to play one on one while they watched. I noticed that too. I don’t blame that on levert though I think he knew he HAD to, because no one else was doing anything. I guess I was thinking as if they were coming back into the fold now where some of these guys have improved and gotten more confidence.

Also was watching old videos of michigan last night. All I could think about is poor Lavell Blanchard. Guy never got his due because he was just here all alone after gaines and crawford messes. Watched parts of that season before they were both gone and that team had a lot of potential. I forgot how good gaines could have been, and crawford was self explanatory. That team was going somewhere.

Yeah and Burke decided he wanted to win a Championship so he stayed until his Senior year and then we got Jahlil Okafor, Devin Booker, Stanley Johnson, and Emmanuel Mudiay decided he didn't actually want to play overseas and came to Michigan instead, PLUS the NCAA decided to reinstate Jamal Crawford after realizing the error in their ways. Lastly, the reincarnation of Wilt Chamberlain committed to us and scored an average of 80 pts. per game and 50 rebounds per game. If that happened we'd be neck and neck with Kentucky right now.

Idk how to even respond to this.

I thought the /s was implied…