Late tip for Michigan-UCLA

Michigan vs. UCLA tips at 9:57 pm on Tuesday on TBS (Lucas Oil South).

1 Like

What a joke

7 Likes

That’s surprising. Seems like it would make sense to put the Gonzaga/Pac-12 matchup there

9 Likes

never like it when my heart rate is that high that late at night

6 Likes

I presume UCLA’s body clocks have adjusted EDT at this point. Won’t stop me from making that excuse if we lose though

2 Likes

That is just so wrong in so many ways. So much for the safety and consideration for the players. And what about consideration for all of the parents, and Alumni? It’s all about the :moneybag:

1 Like

This makes no sense. None. It probably hurts TV ratings.

1 Like

yuck. I’m gonna have to sleep in that morning and call out of work.

1 Like

Really thought they would be the 7 game with the two west coast teams being the late game. Don’t make sense UM and UCLA will be bigger draw a 730 game would have made more sense.

Only Eastern Time Zone team remaining in the tourney is playing at 10pm local time geez. At least I can watch while my kids are sleeping.

4 Likes

Can anyone explain this?

I’m trying and I can’t make it make sense.

1 Like

CBS must believe that there are more UCLA fans on the west coast than Gonzaga and USC combined.

3 Likes

Only thing that makes any sense is CBS is guaranteeing themselves the LA market in the night game. Why not just wait another hour before deciding?

Absolutely

I mean, 9pm, a regular CBB time slot, is already a pretty late tip. I get up at 5 am. This is suboptimal.

But I’ll be college guys know how to function into the night. They’ll probably be ok.

1 Like

What about game recappers, though?

22 Likes

Them being a bigger draw means more people will watch the other game now. If the other game is second less people stay up to watch that, maybe that’s why?

1 Like

NVM they aren’t even the same network, so yeah I got nothing. That’s annoying.

Is UCLA even a big draw these days? Their average attendance is 6,000 spectators…

Both games are on TBS.

I think this is pretty simply they put the better (as far as TV intrigue) game in the second slot. Michigan is usually going to be in the better game.