Juwan Howard, Hunter Dickinson, Franz Wagner and Isaiah Livers among All-Big Ten honorees

Tillman was incredible defensively. You don’t see bigs who can defend your PG on the perimeter too often.

2 Likes

I agree Franz was hosed on the voting for all d. Some extra incentive during btt on that side of the ball.

2 Likes

Obviously Tillman was special, but they are just different archetypes. Can’t wait to see Diabate who, maybe, might have Tillman’s switchiness.

But i do think this year has shown quite clearly that in college (probably not in NBA), you can build really strong D around a classic big guy. Would be interested in your thoughts on a better “old school” big than Kofi.

1 Like

I assume Andre Curbelo got a few votes for how well he played when Ayo Dosunmu was out.

That is a fair point. I guess I can see how he might not be #1 on every voters ballot as FPOY but it still isnt clear on whether he actually was on everyone’s ballot as a part of the All Freshman team.

Obviously Graham Couch successfully persuaded some voters to not think of him as a freshman

I can’t think of an old school big better than Kofi right now, though I have hope that Hunter will be there, or maybe even beyond, next year after a summer of S&C. Your example of Greg Oden is a really good one.