My exact thoughts a week ago:

:rofl:

3 Likes

I laughed at Moe’s tweet about this:

4 Likes

Are you guys seriously mad at Beilein?

4 Likes

hellzno, mgl

Well, the meaning of “thank u, next” isn’t really that Ariana Grande hates Mac Miller and Big Sean.

1 Like

Thank you JB! I will live the rest of my life with great memories of the Beilein era of Michigan Basketball. Thank you for the gracious way you passed the baton to Juwan. As always, you are a class act!

I am sure the entire Michigan family wishes you great success in Cleveland. Personally, I wish you success there, but I also wish you were still here. I think most of us do. But you’re not, and so, I’m looking forward to the Juwan Howard era of Michigan Basketball. I will look forward with great excitement, but I will look back with fondness and nostalgia, and GREAT pride.

Just like you, I will be rooting for Juwan and Michigan every game! Once again, THANKS! You’ve been a model for what a college basketball coach should be.

2 Likes

If I’m gonna have to engage in lyrical interpretation of Ariana Grande to understand you guys I may as well leave…

11 Likes

Me, too, mgl! :grin:

One taught me love

One taught me patience image

One taught me pain

23 Likes

Well done sir

Ain’t got no tears left to cry…

Michigan’s John Beilein has agreed to a five-year deal to become coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources tell ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) May 13, 2019

So I’m pickin’ it up, pickin’ it up
I’m lovin’, I’m livin’, I’m pickin’ it up

THIS IS MICHIGAN BASKETBALL. #GoBlue x #WelcomeHomeJuwan 〽️🏀 pic.twitter.com/5sxcUZOYar

— Michigan Men's Basketball (@umichbball) May 22, 2019
3 Likes

What is important here is that Beilien is going to support the program if he can and former players are on board. I believe you will see more former players around the program than you did during JB’s tenure. This has nothing to do with JB but a lot to do with Howard. There will be excitement and hype around this program unlike anything we have seen since the 90s. How long it lasts…

4 Likes

Having an NBA coach as a vocal supporter can’t hurt either.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re right about this, but I can’t help still feeling salty as hell about the players and fans that have stayed away from the program throughout Beilein’s tenure. Seeing folks pop off on Twitter that haven’t watched a game since Tractor Traylor (RIP) was in Ann Arbor is not sitting well with me.

3 Likes

I get it but you know the true Michigan fans have loved everything JB did for this program. He gave me my best Michigan memories over the past 15 years (heck maybe 20 years). We went through quite the messy saga (divorce). Probably best for the program if everyone was pulling in the same direction. Unlike the RichRod mess, I didn’t see the ugliness with former players during the Beilien years. I think there was a healthy level of respect toward JB. That said, when your biggest program stars are not welcome back to the University (perception or reality), it just doesn’t help. The more support from key people, the better the recruiting and the easier life for Juwan. He will need the support as he learns the ropes. I am not disagreeing with you but all I want is to win.

1 Like

and age should have nothing to do with it

Just to piggyback on this: it’s a pleasure to hear Jalen and Chris speak so admiringly about Beilein during the last few days. I wish they had been a little more voluble over the last 12 years, but I will take it!

2 Likes