Jett could cause a controversy (Too Big to Play the 2 or the 3)

Just hypothetically, during the Geico Nationals it was quite evident Jett has gone through a growing spurt. He looked taller and stronger. What happens if he goes through another growth spurt. During Geico, he looked quite similar in height to Jarace Walker who is listed at 6’8". Folks who attended said Jett looked huge. One more spurt puts him bigger than Caleb. During his recruitment, Jett talked about us running some offense through him. Well, another spurt puts him close to 6’9". Not sure there are many 2’s running around at 6’9". Again, it is all hypothetical, but not out of the question. Can’t wait for the Camp Sanderson pic of the 2022 class in June. Go Blue!

2 Likes

man, can you not go with that headline? I just about had a heart attack

16 Likes

How is that. It takes the fun out of it. Haha! I added a little more.

1 Like

He’s already been at the point for a while where he’s more of a 3 than 2. Probably not gonna play much two except for spot minutes. Ty Rodgers was correct, lol

6 Likes

I mean Michigan has a big need at the wing and Jett would fill that need. The fact that he got taller is an added bonus.

5 Likes

Hey, if he could be the second coming of Cade Cunningham, would we really complain?

1 Like

Agree, but he is coming in thinking one thing. I guess there will need to be a coach/player, father/son discussion. But, if he grows some more which is always possible, a 6’9" 3 is not very common.

What exactly is controversial? We are one year removed from Michigan playing a guy who was 6-foot-9 at the three. Michigan played a 6-foot-8 three this year…

11 Likes

Dylan, you always spoil the fun.

1 Like

If Caleb comes back, I am interested to see how Juwan Howard uses the two together though.

2 Likes

Caleb not being able to participate in a full Camp Sanderson I think really hurt. Especially since he played against a bunch of Euros who don’t play D. Hence, he looked like he could create his own shot, but when he got back to the states, we found out different. I think a full year of Camp Sanderson will benefit him the most.

3 Likes

Hopefully with a stretch 4…

2 Likes

I could see Jett getting minutes at the 2,3,4. It would be great if everyone comes back and we don’t have to rely on Jett to be a starter.

1 Like

So if we think Jett is more wing than 2 guard (which I fully agree with)…

Who starts at the 2?

2 Likes

There’s a reason that so many of these names are guards :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah I figure it’s a portal guy unless Kobe makes a huge jump. Intriguing names in there. I just wonder how it happens to only have 3 total scholarship guards on a roster next year.

1 Like

Said it after watching him at peach jam that he’s way more a 4 than two, badly need a guy that’s a legit option at the 2.

1 Like

A wise man once said you are who you can guard.

6 Likes

That wise man then took a job in Cleveland and hasn’t coached since. :frowning:

9 Likes

Good point. Perhaps I should have said “A once wise man once said…”

8 Likes