Jalen Coleman - New Film

There’s preadmission for the business school (out of high school) now, but that would be hard for an athlete to get in. But for the majority (prob 2/3) of people you apply after your freshman year… That’s a big reason why they don’t guarantee anyone admission.

Dylan - is the admissions process in B school different now vs 5-6 years ago? Geez, you just made me feel old

Both Novak and Vogrich graduated from the Business School, something that Beilein can point to Jalen.

The only point I was making (regardless if entrance is pre or post enrollment) is that I’m pretty sure the athletic department can pull strings when it comes to the players.

The only point I was making (regardless if entrance is pre or post enrollment) is that I'm pretty sure the athletic department can pull strings when it comes to the players.

This is likely true but A) I’m not sure who you will find on here who was in the B School who was also an M Athlete and B) if you did find one, I doubt they would confirm your hypothesis.

The only point I was making (regardless if entrance is pre or post enrollment) is that I'm pretty sure the athletic department can pull strings when it comes to the players.

This is likely true but A) I’m not sure who you will find on here who was in the B School who was also an M Athlete and B) if you did find one, I doubt they would confirm your hypothesis.

Novak is a B school grad. As for pulling strings to get Coleman admitted, assuming that he does not qualify otherwise, his status as an athlete might be factored in if it’s very close, but otherwise he’d be out of luck.

Sane, very true. I guess my point was meant to be that I’m not sure you will get a first hand account of it from Novak or otherwise to know for certain. Of course, Dylan could always ask, but I view that as a bit of an awkward question. Not trying to diss the B School.

Interesting to see Jalen Coleman playing the point. He's doing a pretty good job of it and is shooting the crap out of the ball.

— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) July 11, 2014

@ebosshoops one of reasons I liked him on eg10 as incoming freshman..played PG a lot on that team and showed capable. lost it 4 last few yrs

— matt lacy (@CoachMTL) July 11, 2014

Jalen Coleman playing a lot of point guard tonight -- has gotten others involved, still was able to knock down shots from the perimeter.

— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) July 10, 2014

Notre Dame's Mike Brey is really locked in on Jalen Coleman #lbjskillsacademy

— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) July 12, 2014

@ebosshoops if you had to guess, where does Coleman end up?

— Jonathan Caddick (@cooperpatcad) July 12, 2014

@cooperpatcad Notre Dame, Illinois, Michigan or UNLV seem to be the group. Irish maybe.

— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) July 12, 2014

John Beilein also watching Jalen Coleman

— Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247) July 12, 2014

A four-star combo guard, Jalen Coleman has long been known for his shooting and scoring. At LBJ, he assumed point guard duties and looked pretty effective running a team. Playing off the ball as a scorer is still his specialty, but if he can run a team for stretches he becomes much more valuable. Notre Dame’s Mike Brey was watching closely and the Irish are heavily in the mix here along with others like Illinois, Michigan and UNLV.

Coleman now #23 on 247 and #27 Composite http://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Coleman-14137