Jalen Coleman - New Film

Hey, if a kid wants to stay around home ( ND ) and play in front of family and friends, all the best. Hard to believe this doesn’t come down to us and ND, and if you would rather play for Brey than JB, well…?

NC State and UNLV are schools

1. Offer EVERY (no exaggeration) top100 recruit
  2. Have high turnover
  3. Promises to play guys at desired positions i.e. small SGs wanting to play PG
NC State and UNLV are schools
  1. Offer EVERY (no exaggeration) top100 recruit
  2. Have high turnover
  3. Promises to play guys at desired positions i.e. small SGs wanting to play PG

Regarding NC State, I’d like to add that Gottfried learned how to recruit working under Jim Harrick. Not a lot of ethics going on with the Wolfpack, in my opinion.

“I plan on taking a visit to Michigan sometime soon and probably this coming weekend to Notre Dame,” he said this week at the Nike Skills Academy at Kean University.

“Both have great business schools so you know academically I’ll be good at both schools specifically for what I want to major in, which is business. And basketball, they’re both great programs. It’s a strength to have a backup plan for basketball, and business is what I want to major in.”

ND is certainly a good academic institution (on par with UM), but I cannot see them beating us out in terms of basketball. I get the hometown angle, but Coleman is actually from Indy, so ND isn’t really the ‘local’ university. Hopefully we snatch him, would love to have him in the mix. I think his game is perfectly tailored for UM.

He thinks ND is a great program? I’m getting that sinking feeling, he could have taking our scholly anytime he wanted in the last year.

“I plan on taking a visit to Michigan sometime soon and probably this coming weekend to Notre Dame,” he said this week at the Nike Skills Academy at Kean University.

“Both have great business schools so you know academically I’ll be good at both schools specifically for what I want to major in, which is business. And basketball, they’re both great programs. It’s a strength to have a backup plan for basketball, and business is what I want to major in.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jalen-coleman-cuts-to-6-planning-visits/

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jalen-coleman-cuts-to-6-planning-visits/

247 has him as the 4th best PG?

He thinks ND is a great program? I'm getting that sinking feeling, he could have taking our scholly anytime he wanted in the last year.
I wouldn't worry too much...I think he is just different than a lot of kids in regards to his decision making process. He has been pretty quiet and guarded in his statements all along and seems to be taking the whole process very seriously. We know his game is perfect for our system, the fact that he is seriously thinking about academics and a business path bodes well for us as well.

Can’t speak on ND’s situation, but PT is certainly available for Coleman at UM.

Unless he has some unrequited love for the Shamrock, this isn’t close is it Matt? There’s a solid chance that ND doesn’t finish above .500 in the ACC for the duration of his college career. Hope he is slow playing for the due diligence angle, cause if he can’t see his ginormous opportunity at M than he’s missing the boat.

I mean, for me it isn’t even close. Let’s examine:

Basketball -UM in coaching, success, player development
Academics - push
Location - Ann Arbor is so much nicer it isn’t funny; South Bend is a shithole if we’re being honest. ND campus is nice but the surrounding area is awful
Proximity - ND closer to INDY, but still more than an hour away

Jalen Coleman doesn’t watch college basketball really. He is academic 1st, athletics 2nd from what I’ve read. He loves ND’s campus.

Yeah Jalen is a different cat… Just doesn’t really care much about college hoops so that contributes to his delay

He just isn’t in a hurry because he doesn’t really get excited about these teams since he doesn’t watch them… Just likes to play

They are obviously selling him on that G, cause Brey as your coach pretty cements that BB isn’t your primary focus. Nothing wrong with that, but I don’t like the way this is trending.

Something to think about regarding Michigan’s business school…it is VERY hard to get into. I know ND’s is similarly ranked…is it similarly difficult to get into? Or could this be a situation where he is offered admission into theirs (or someone else’s on Jalen’s list), and so Michigan’s academic strength becomes a negative?

I bet it’s a lot easier to get into when you are a top 50 basketball player.

I bet it's a lot easier to get into when you are a top 50 basketball player.

You would lose that bet.

I’ll speak with my former coach who is Jalen’s aau coach soon and see what he says about Jalen and which way he’s leaning. He’ll know.

If we’re being completely honest, the vast majority of UM basketball players (and other athletes) would not be admitted to UM on a strictly academic basis. Why would that be any different for an athlete when trying to enter UM’s business school?

It’s been proven true in the past. Business school doesn’t admit directly from high school, you apply while already in college.

It's been proven true in the past. Business school doesn't admit directly from high school, you apply while already in college.

Spot on with this - I can confirm on a factual basis. You complete pre-reqs in LSA and then apply. Weight is given to to both HS hard factors and pre-req grades. Jalen will NOT enter UM in the Bschool