Isaiah Livers is a game-time type of decision at Rutgers

Well, he didn’t return … At this point, I don’t think there’s a big reason to rush him back either.

I guess so. But the language around it from the program “boot is precautionary, he’s day-to-day, he practiced a bit” and the fact that he was put back into the game and traveled with the team seems to indicate it was not something that you would expect him to just rest on for atleast 2 weeks which is what should be happening with a low-grade high-ankle sprain.

He literally say out for 6 weeks with a groin injury that was called ‘day to day’ and traveled with the team.

1 Like

If he’s not 100% you’ve got to keep him out at this point IMO. Very little upside (what, maybe moving up a seed line in the tourney?) and so much downside. Nebraska is the only loss that would really do damage and we’ve already beaten them without Livers and Simpson on the road.

Tariq Owens literally did this just last year in the title game. As someone else stated, the swelling, stiffness, and a different pain comes on over the next hours/days. However, even bad looking ones can avoid complete tears. In that case, you can bear weight and even play through the pain, you just will slow down your recovery. Reinjury during this time is also more likely and could threaten the long term strength of some of those ligaments. Light movement can often help reduce swelling, it is totally possible he is keeping it immobile 22 hours a day but doing walk throughs or jogging in practice to help break up the swelling and maintain strength.

Based on my experience with several high ankle sprains.

3 Likes

In one of his press conferences Juwan basically said that Isaiah traveled with the team as a way to stay engaged, not as a sign of his progress/imminent return. Joining the team on the trip to Rutgers tells us practically nothing.

4 Likes

That’s what I was intending to convey. Isaiah has traveled with the team every game that he’s been hurt, I believe.

1 Like

Right, I think you conveyed that fine. I was just agreeing and offering some supportive evidence.

2 Likes

agree with many here, at this point, you can buy isaiah another week of rest, you got the one road win you wanted in the bag and roll the dice at purdue

1 Like