Isaiah Livers announces return to Michigan

That’s fair of course. The way I look at it is that starting Smith moves everyone to their best or more natural position. Starting Brooks helps your D, but means that everyone slides down one spot and plays a little out of their comfort zone.

With Livers back, I think Smith almost becomes the player who determines your ceiling. If he’s an average PG or better, suddenly you unlock the offense. If he can’t really handle the up transfer, then Brooks has to play a ton of PG, you have an out of position guy at the two, you only have one decent ball handler on the court, and you lose a potential shooter and facilitator.

2 Likes

You summed it up. His d is the major issue but if he can get by I’m confident in his offense and I think we are going to pleasantly surprised how effective he’ll be running this offense.

1 Like

“Coach Howard had just the biggest smile,” Livers said. "There is something about that man that is just super interesting. His passion for his players – no one has ever shown as much passion for me as a player. He is all about it, all energetic. I just felt so welcomed.

Love this

16 Likes

I suspect this team ,when the players learn the system and each other will have a deep tournament run at the end of the season.

They definitely have a shot. I’m going to put a futures on them if the odds are right but I think Vegas will hold them in higher regard than national perception much like last year so the value might not be there.

Put the $ on Florida State. They always seem to be undervalued. What was that thread last year where it had odds for teams preseason? I thought I chose Florida State as one of the 3 teams I’d put money on. Think if there was a tourney they had a real shot this year.

1 Like

Yea, I really liked them too honestly. I like Williams as a prospect in this draft too. Was a very open year,really wish we could have seen it play out.