Isaiah Livers announces return to Michigan

I believe the starting lineup is: Smith, Eli, Franz, Livers and Dickinson. Brown is the first non-center off the bench in any case. Can sub directly for the 3 or 4. Subbing for Brooks slides Franz to the 2. Subbing for Smith slides Brooks to the 1. I could easily be convinced that Johns is the first 4 off the bench though too… This is going to be a fun roster to see :slight_smile:

4 Likes

He brings the leadership this team needed with so many young and new players.

5 Likes

Thinking I won’t be too upset if Brown doesn’t get his waiver. Minutes crunch at 3 and 4 this year, but in Livers and Wagner you have 2 guys worthy of playing 35 minutes that will very likely both be gone next year. Brown would slide right in there.

5 Likes

Cominayeahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

3 Likes

oh hell yeah!!!

let’s goooooooooooooo!!!

1 Like

That may very well be the rotation, but I wonder how Brown would feel about coming here and not starting. Everything I’ve read sounds like he is a team first guy so maybe it won’t be an issue.

1 Like

Yea… assuming Eli and Isaiah are captains that’ll be pretty phenomenal

1 Like

Nice drop. That is an underrated movie.

2 Likes

I completely hear you on that! I just see his ideal spot is on the wing and cant see him displacing either Livers or Franz. I think it is best if we have a traditional PG on the floor (Smith) and find it hard to believe that he would displace Eli either. I think that it would be a lot of fun to run small ball with Brown instead of Dickinson/any other traditional center. Doubt that Juwan is enamored with the idea and wouldnt be a great selling point for all the centers that he is recruiting either.

Also, it is a lot more palatable to not start if you are still getting starter-ish minutes, which I think Brown will do

3 Likes

I agree with most of this, but I think Chaundee is more a two than he is four. Can he play four? Yes, I think so. If he is eligible I see him as that Swiss Army Knife type guy who can play lot of spots, and will. I know there is some disagreement on this, but I see Chaundee as a two/three who can also play some at the four, rather than primarily a three/four who can play a little two. I DO think, though, that Brandon John’s will be the first sub for Isaiah at the four. And, of course, Brandon will now be able to play some small ball five. I’ll go out on a bit of a limb, I guess, and say if Chaundee is eligible we’ll be a serious contender in the league. I’m not saying we’ll win it, but I think we’ll be pretty darn good and be a contender!

5 Likes

With Browns athleticism he gets the nod to start at the two… He avg about 14pts a game at Wake Forest, I don’t expect his production to drop much… With Brooks and Smith competing to start at the point… Obviously, Livers and Wagner starting with Dickinson being the wildcard…

4 Likes

I feel like if Brown isn’t eligible that could mean 10-15 minutes of Adrian Nunez tho

The Nunez redemption arc is going to be quite the sight to behold.

5 Likes

I’d assume it means 5-10 of Terrence Williams. Johns is going to get some minutes at the 4, both Livers and Wagner can play the 3, and IMO both Livers and Wagner are guys you’ll want to have out there for 32-35 mpg anyways, or as long as they aren’t in foul trouble. The only risk to this scenario is Livers staying healthy the whole season, which has yet to happen.

1 Like

I guess I was trying to fill minutes at the 2 which is where our depth is weak. If Twill is playing that means Wagner is probably getting a lot of time at the 2, unless you think Zeb and Smith can handle 40 minutes at PG between them.

Ya know, he did a lot of nice things in the NCAA 2k8 tourney this past March. Think it might be the spark he needed.

2 Likes

Brooks though is also a guy you’ll want out there 32-35 minutes a game, and doesn’t get in foul trouble. The wings are the strength of the team and its source of veteran leadership and stability.

Things do change if Smith isn’t up for 25-30mpg. You’ll have scenarios in which Franz slides to the 2 and Brooks to the 1, or maybe Zeb is ready to take a shift per half, but you’ve still got Johns needing minutes.

2 Likes

I’m in favor of anything that keeps Nunez off the floor.

3 Likes

I think the good thing is that this year we should have more depth than we did last year meaning that if Nunez is on the floor it’s only because he’s playing well. (in theory)

1 Like

Nice pull. Now I want me a Big Montana.

2 Likes