If the rumored switch to Nike happens

Are there any recruits that might affect our recruitment of, for better or worse? I hate that this is even a question, but Unfortunately crap like that matters in hoops recruiting

The Family is a Nike sponsored program, and all other EYBL teams are Nike sponsored as well…hope that helps

God I hope like hell we switch back to Nike. Adidas is crap and their uniform designs suck. Our blue road uniforms are hideous. Where did you hear this rumor?

God I hope like hell we switch back to Nike. Adidas is crap and their uniform designs suck. Our blue road uniforms are hideous. Where did you hear this rumor?

Michigan fans unanimously want Nike back.

There is never an end to the back to Nike rumors.

It’s been suggested that Hackett will make the switch once the Adidas contract expires.

When it comes to grassroots (AAU) basketball, adidas is now #3 behind Nike and Under Armour as far as talent goes (at least it was last season). Adidas just doesn’t have the “headhunters” or the high profile tournaments/camps it once had.

Only reason I’d switch back to Nike is for basketball recruiting. Contract will be smaller, and I doubt there’d be a merchandise bump big enough to cover the loss we’d have if we don’t resign with Adidas.

I’d make the switch because Adidas is just downright awful with the uniforms…irrelevant of financial considerations. Nike doesn’t need to throw the farm at UM because their product sells…

Saw a very laid out post on a rivals board by someone involved. The decision will be between Nike & UA. While it is true Adidas will undoubtably offer more in terms of finances, the lack of quality with the on-field jerseys being torn/ripped and a couple other detailed reason is why we will make a switch.
Nike’s downfall is that it owns the college industry and does not need to make a huge bid for UM.
UA will make a substantial offer to land a brand like Michigan. Thier downfall is thier footwear (what the poster listed).

I personally want Nike, but wouldn’t hate UA.

I know we hate Adidas and stuff, but those '89 throwback Jerseys were pretty nice, even though they were still technically nike jerseys.

How were they Nike jerseys?

And yes I think the jerseys we wore vs Minn were great looking. Keep them, produce in home, away and maize and keep them for good.

Change the shorts.

Not a fan of the 89 jerseys…look very low budget to me. Always been a fan of the very basic, yet classic and clean look of the maize Fab 5 era jerseys. Perfect font size and contrast between maize and blue in my view.

We should stick with Adidas, we should stick with the 89 uniforms, but not the ones worn yesterday. We should wear the exact ones Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims wore. Change the shorts on the White uniforms because those are not a great replica of the originals, the color scheme is off. Fix those White shorts and develop a Maize rendition, then we would be on to something.

Yeah those blue ones look great. And to wolverine3 who questioned why I called them technically Nike jerseys… They were modeled after the '89 jerseys, when we had Nike.

The Fab 5 Michigan jerseys were some of the best NCAA Basketball jerseys of all time. Would love to see those again someday.

We should stick with Adidas, we should stick with the 89 uniforms, but not the ones worn yesterday. We should wear the exact ones Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims wore. Change the shorts on the White uniforms because those are not a great replica of the originals, the color scheme is off. Fix those White shorts and develop a Maize rendition, then we would be on to something.

I don’t like either version. Having the trim on the shorts but not the jerseys looks really cheap to me. I just don’t like the 89 design in general.

I would agree those looked a bit better than the ones we wore yesterday though.

I just want to say I hate change and I hate Nike just as much. I don’t want Michigan to go to Nike. I like Adidas.

I just want to say I hate change and I hate Nike just as much. I don't want Michigan to go to Nike. I like Adidas.

I completely disagree. The basketball jerseys are fine but I cannot possibly take another alternate football jersey. They’ve had 2 ok ones and the rest have been cringe worthy. And how many ripped basketball jerseys have there been over the past several years? At least 5 that I can remember, and no other team that I’ve seen has had any.

Did anyone see Jay Harbaugh’s hand written letter to Clark with the 8 reasons he should commit? One of the reasons he lists is because we have “the biggest Adidas contract in college sports”. Cringed when I saw that…hope they aren’t planning to extend their contract with Adidas.

If this is worth anything, I spoke with the SW Regional Nike Rep that was in charge of putting on the EYBL tournament in Dallas, and he told me that Michigan is Nike’s main target going forward.

Take it for what it’s worth. Music to my ears as far as I’m concerned.