Hunter Dickinson to return for junior season

My projected starting lineup:

PG: Frankie
SG/Wing: Shannon
SG/Wing: Jett
SF/Wing: Houstan
C: Hunter

What does that have to do with not being a Juwan recruit? That’s like saying any legacy recruit is not a recruit. Harbaugh can’t claim Aidan Hutchinson now cause he would have went to ND if not for his dad

6 Likes

He’s definitely a Juwan recruit. Unless he’s a “nobody” recruit :joy:

1 Like

People are talking about how Juwan was able to win over Hunter and Frankie when they had zero ties to Michigan - which is true. On the flip side, you have someone like Franz who likely was coming to UM regardless of who the coach was. Juwan inherited him, he didn’t recruit him. Pretty simple imo.

1 Like

I think there’s a middle ground there. He absolutely recruited him since he was not committed. It’s also true he didn’t have to do tons of leg work, though neither did Beilein who had already done that with Mo. Franz did not know Juwan nor did Mo so there is absolutely a reality Franz stayed in Germany.

6 Likes

I mean the instant Beilein left I bet Franz himself thought he was most likely going to just stay in Europe, rather than come for a first time HC.

Howards staff, which smartly included Saddi, had to convince Franz. Howards Heat connections to Duncan and IIRC Walton were also a factor.

4 Likes

Franz is obviously a Moe Wagner recruit.

19 Likes

Juwan basically had to beat out Alba and Butler (Jordan). I liked our odds given Moe’s experience here.

1 Like