Hunter Dickinson named Second Team All-Big Ten

If you want to put Chucky on there because he played so many minutes for a team that won the league, I get that. I don’t really see how you vote Christie over Caleb though.

6 Likes

I’m sending angry texts to friends right now with the same sentiment. I don’t think there’s one thing Max Christie does on a basketball court right now better than Caleb Houstan. Mayyyybe defend but Caleb’s been improving and Max has been regressing on that end IMO.

1 Like

These awards disappoint each season.

2 Likes

There’s no way people who actually think Caleb Houstan isn’t a top 5 freshman exist. I’m sick :joy:

Houstan is arguably the third best freshman in the conference. That he wasn’t even included in the top 5 is a joke

1 Like

Caleb really gonna win POTY next year without making freshman team.

3 Likes

The B1G awards are consistently the biggest shenanigans I’ve seen. It’s probably time to do an audit on who is actually voting. Either they are team homers, don’t watch any big ten games at all, or they cannot fill out bubbles properly. There are no other feasible explanations.

5 Likes

See Nate Mason over Derrick Walton

3 Likes

Clearly they were not going to put two players from the same team on the All Freshman Team. They chose Moussa over Caleb. Certainly Caleb belongs on the team. He is at worst the fourth best freshman in the B1G. I actually thought the State player would be part of the team but I, mistakenly, thought his numbers were better than they are. I wondered what they would do with Hepburn, but, sadly, Houston was the one left off. Looking at these numbers, I think that’s borderline criminal.

If they had to choose between Caleb and Moussa, Moussa isn’t a bad choice.

2 Likes

There’s not really much argument for Christie over Houstan but all freshman and all defense are pointless because they consistently put out insane results

3 Likes

Plus Wheeler isn’t on the All-D team when I believe he was last year–taking Franz’s spot.

1 Like

I didn’t see who’s on the All D team, but I’ll just say right here, Eli better be!

he is not–and I don’t think he’s top 5.

I understand. That’s why I said Caleb is “at worst” the fourth best freshman. If Moussa is three, Caleb is four, and actually, Hepburn is probably five. Maybe whoever picks this is as intimidated by Tom Izzo as the refs seem to be! :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm, I think you’re wrong and it’s a sports message board, so I get to say that. :wink::laughing:

Could they possibly name more guys from an average Rutgers team? Also, Hepburn was only asked to exist in the same ecosystem as four other more experienced players including an NBA lottery pick and a fifth year senior.

1 Like

When you have the fourth-worst defense in the Big Ten then it is hard to argue you have All-Defensive Team players.

2 Likes

Eric Hunter Jr :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Do you think coaches may have been influenced by “The Slap?”

Pure speculation, but I’ve always got the feeling that most big ten coaches are threatened by Juwan… superstar young coach, didn’t really pay any CBB dues and is already bringing in top recruiting classes. The incident gave people a lot of ammo to go with all the lead up incidents this year.

2 Likes