Harbaugh at Halftime?

If the Jim Harbaugh press conference is Tuesday morning I would expect him to be announced to the crowd at halftime of the Illinois game on ESPN2. Hopefully we play well in the first half because the energy that will be in that building after he speaks to the crowd will create an insane home court advantage! I’m excited. GO BLUE!

Please don’t jinx. Im generally not the superstitious type, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves until the man is formally introduced.

I think most know im a HUGE UM football fan, and JH is the absolute perfect blend of in game strategy, development, recruiting, motivation, flexibility and kick ass mentality…in simple terms he’s the best coach we can possibly obtain.

I have been completely silent throughout the search despite damn near foaming at the mouth to discuss this with you guys. I would love nothing more than a JH/UM marriage as a belated Christmas gift…please let it play out, please don’t jinx.

Jinx? Don’t worrry, my ouija board and personal palm reader both said it’s a lock. I’m comfortable discussing it.

That’s gonna be some scene Tuesday at the game. The conquering hero returns!! I’m gonna get there early to take it all in.I’m sure we all have chills when he walks out to half court and addresses the crowd. Don’t worry Matt, the twilight zone episodes are about to be over. It’s gonna be great to see what Jim can do with the program. The emotion and energy of that crowd will hopefully propel us to a W and a great start to the B1G season. Gooo Blue!!

Now that it’s basically official…I’ll say this. …the college football world better be prepared, because UM is back in a major, major way. I haven’t been this excited about football since November 2006. Getting Harbaugh is program changing

Of all the lows of the past 7-8 years, sitting in that stadium at Notre Dame with family and friends watching that incredibly ill prepared team get annihilated and embarrassed was the lowest. I can’t tell you how excited I am for the future. I know one thing, we will NEVER be that unprepared to play a game again under Jim’s leadership. It’s so exciting to be excited about the future!!

Jim is EVERYTHING you want in a coach. The man has no weakness. The only small concern I had initially was stability (Jim is the Larry Brown of football), but he reportedly is in it for the ‘long run’. The reported 6 year contract seems to support that.

Of all the lows of the past 7-8 years, sitting in that stadium at Notre Dame with family and friends watching that incredibly ill prepared team get annihilated and embarrassed was the lowest. I can't tell you how excited I am for the future. I know one thing, we will NEVER be that unprepared to play a game again under Jim's leadership. It's so exciting to be excited about the future!!

My low point was the Gator Bowl in 2011…I was in attendance with my wife and daughter. At one point during the third quarter my daughter turned to me and said ‘Dad, why are you doing this to yourself’…true story

I’ll add to this - I think Harbaugh is a top 4 coach in all of football. I would only rank Belichick and Carroll ahead of him (Pete has his number lately) and probably Saban, though Jim was a far better NFL coach and I think he could have achieved everything Saban has at Alabama.

In any event, I think the next 10 years will be perhaps the best 10 Michigan football has ever seen - that’s how confident I am in Harbaugh.

I don’t have a specific source, but I’ve heard from semi-informed people on twitter that Harbaugh will be introduced BEFORE the game now.

Seriously, just look at what he built Stanford into.

He was 12-1 his last year there, then they went 11-2, 12-2 with a rose bowl, and 11-3 after he left. In all likelihood they would have done better had he stayed.

He built Stanford into a national power, imagine what he can do with Michigan. You put a top 3 coach in CFB at a blue blood program, then get the hell out of his way, and the results are dominance. Look at Saban at Bama and Meyer at OSU. That’s what Michigan is heading toward. The OSU-UM games are going to be epic.

Guys…we have Jim Harbaugh as our head football coach. I repeat, Jim Harbaugh is our coach. Man, it feels really good to say it. It means we KNOW the future is bright, to the point that a BCS playoff within 3 years isn’t far fetched at all. We’re not gambling on some unknown commodity, we have a proven winner on every level that does it the right way, by the book.

Welcome home, Jim! It’s great to have you back. May your reign over the B10 and college football be long and glorious!

This can put to rest the NFL narrative that JH went because of $

BREAKING NEWS: Straight from UM AD Jim Hackett. Harbaugh's salary will be roughly $5M a year, plus incentives, same basic contract as 49ers.

— John U. Bacon (@Johnubacon) December 30, 2014

BREAKING NEWS: Straight from UM AD Jim Hackett. Harbaugh's salary will be roughly $5M a year, plus incentives, same basic contract as 49ers.

That bodes very well for Harbaugh saying at UM for the long haul as well.

Man, I pretty much accepted Harbaugh would be our coach about a week ago, and I still haven’t come down from the high.

That bodes very well for Harbaugh saying at UM for the long haul as well.

Man, I pretty much accepted Harbaugh would be our coach about a week ago, and I still haven’t come down from the high.

Here’s an article that also points to him being here a while

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/30/jim-harbaugh-michigan-wolverines-head-coach

If the Jim Harbaugh press conference is Tuesday morning I would expect him to be announced to the crowd at halftime of the Illinois game on ESPN2. Hopefully we play well in the first half because the energy that will be in that building after he speaks to the crowd will create an insane home court advantage! I'm excited. GO BLUE!

Nice call on that second half comeback!

(though in fairness, the team has regularly been better in the second half team going on a couple of seasons now)

Welp I guess I need new sources… Anyways I agree with the general expectations. Harbaugh has the ability to make a HUGE splash in recruiting and with his ability to develop talent, I think we have some exciting years ahead of us for Michigan athletics. We quite literally could not have hired a better coach.