Grad transfer Justin Pierce picks North Carolina

I understand the “looking over the shoulder” issue when it’s a guy like Johns or DeJulius who are getting taken out right away for mistakes, but with how much we heard about the staff begging him to shoot more you have to wonder if it’s just an inherent thing with him at this level. I guess we might have to find out for sure very soon haha.

I can verify that UNC doesn’t have an earthquake simulator so it’s definitely not a Hand situation😂

1 Like

Hopefully the “guaranteed “ minutes will let him play freely and confidently and not be afraid to miss.

Five minute spurts of 1-2 sporadic shot attempts are so difficult to get a rhythm established.

My worries about worst case scenario may well be happening. Michigan is a easy tourney team nonetheless imo but the chance to compete for the Big Ten and greater isn’t really there now as things currently stand.

1 Like

It’s possible that this was a factor. Ross doesn’t tend to play ball with athletics, like other grad programs will. I know that Michigan has missed out on football grad transfers in the past because Ross wouldn’t admit them.

2 Likes

My question as well. Very tough school to get into.

I was going to mention this also. If Ross has no room they won’t make room just because you are in an athletics program. Not sure but may have been one issue in Jaylen Brown’s decision to go to Cal.

just going off 1) us being ranked higher, always have been and 2) largest living alumni base

didn’t mean to offend, but thats the way it is

He talks about getting his MBA at UNC. Most MBA programs are 2 year programs. If he plans to play some pro ball after he leaves UNC, he won’t be getting his MBA for a while.

1 Like

Thinking that a place being ranked 5-10 spots lower than Michigan makes it “laughable” that someone would go there for academics is such a nonsensical way of looking at the situation.

Will you say the same about Jabri Abdur-Rahim if he chooses Michigan and talks about academics? He has the higher ranked(!!!) Harvard on his list.

4 Likes

We all know hes looking forward to those famously extensive classes that UNC puts their athletes in

we will see him probably next year in acc/big10 challenge… hope we shut him down

1 Like

no we wont, we arent going to play them 3 years in a row.

4 Likes

I have no clue what your talking about. You misunderstood what I wrote. I was saying his drop off in 3 pt percentage wouldn’t have worried me and was due to a wrist injury and that we really needed his offense. Not happy he chose unc.

To be honest I don’t look for him to be in the NBA. I could see him as a grad asst for Roy while finishing his MBA and then looking to hook on with an NBA team in the front office. I think he said that was his goal after his playing days. I think his playing days end next year unless he decides to go to Europe.

I don’t mean this to be a negative post against the young man. I’m sure he’s a very smart young man. A Rob Pelinka route ain’t all bad!

Unless that was for who I was writing to then maybe I misunderstood you.

Yeah, you know all those AFAM courses that business schools have…

1 Like

2019-20 Non-Conference Games

Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis
Field: Alabama, Gonzaga, Iowa State, Michigan, North Carolina, Oregon, Seton Hall, Southern Miss
Dates: November 27-29th

5 Likes

Ah yes, thought he was referring to the ACC B1G challenge. That field is stacked

1 Like