Grad transfer Bryce Aiken to announce decision on Thursday

Lots of B1G teams are going to have weird point guard situations. Michigan, MSU, Maryland, Purdue might all have combo guards pretending to be point guards.

2 Likes

Was randomly thinking about Aiken this morning & wanted to see how heā€™s doing at Seton Hall. In 8 games off the bench (in 11 mpg), heā€™s averaging 2.9 pts, 1.6 asts, 1 rbd (21% FG, 11% 3 PT).

I remember at the time preferring Aiken over Smith but boy am I glad we have Smith. I realize situations are different (opportunity, rest of the roster, fit, coaching, etc.) but did not imagine being so pleased with Smith. Maybe if Aiken picks Michigan and struggles to adjust to higher level competition, this team doesnā€™t have the same success. Smith has been fearless and done a great job.

Go Blue!
SKnight

2 Likes

Heā€™s been battling injuries all year, FWIW.

1 Like

Ah! I didnā€™t know that & was going simply off box score alone. None the less, been ecstatic with Smith :slight_smile:

Yeah, the thing about guys who are playing their 5th year because of injuriesā€¦ sometimes they are injury prone. That was a concern with guys like Towns/Aiken and it has ended up true.

Smith has really been unreasonably good.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, itā€™s looking like Aiken is just a guy who will never be healthy for long stretches probably ever again, which is a real shame because heā€™s a really good player when healthy and by all accounts a good dude (I was going to say kid and then looked at his KenPom page and saw heā€™s 24).

Towns also missed the first month with lingering knee issues and still doesnā€™t play much for OSU.

2 Likes

ehh 24 is still a kid my book.

1 Like

How about we hedge and say young adult? lol

2 Likes