Grad transfer Bryce Aiken to announce decision on Thursday

so basically this says to me, please cole dont transfer and zeb jackson get ready

no offense to transfer peeps, but may as well focus on what we have

Since weā€™re into conclusion-drawing,

Is there a huge difference in the confidence of ā€œAiken all signs point to Seton Hallā€ and ā€œSmith signs pointing up given Michigan + Arizona mentioned as leaders in the recruitment and Arizona already taking in a PGā€

Conclusion drawing? Reegs asked who else Michigan was targeting for grad transfers. Just was answering his question. The only one right now Michigan is actively pursuing is Smith. Hardy is just a safe assumption because heā€™s connections in the state.

I guess I donā€™t understand what you are asking in the 2nd paragraphā€¦ care to elaborate a bit more?

1 Like

I meant there is a general tendency among this site as a whole to take little nuggets of info to their extreme conclusion, wasnā€™t meant to be a chirp at all.

Asking for a sense of the difference between how much weight we can put into the Aiken --> Seton Hall rumors and how much weight we can put into Michigan leading for Smith given Arizona grabbing another PG.

I have seen a lot more actual chatter about Aiken to Seton Hall.

Unless I missed something I havenā€™t seen anything about Smith and Michigan besides the initial reach out tweets

2 Likes

Iā€™m saying!

Sam Webb put a CB in for Aiken to Seton Hall FWIW

3 Likes

As expected, Bryce Aiken stays home and commits to Seton Hall.

Not surprised. Bryce wanted Rutgers, but Pikiell told him he was keeping his team intact. This took place before he listed his top 4.

2 Likes

I know this was expected but this is arguably a crippling blow to Maryland specifically. They need a bunch of guys to take huge leaps as upperclassmen and in some cases play new positions. Eric Ayala as a true PG? With no backup? Yikes.

1 Like

This canā€™t be true. Youā€™re telling me Pikiell turned down Bryce Aiken?

Rutgers has zero open scholarships

He could have run off a guy to NJIT

Theoretically yeah. Michigan made a similar ā€œmistakeā€, but coaches arenā€™t always quite so heartless. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

1 Like

I phrased it indelicately but there is (almost) always a way to find room for one scholarship

Listen, Iā€™m not here to be a message board hero. Iā€™m very in tune with the happenings of central and north jersey basketball. Iā€™ve heard from several people this was a showing of loyalty by Pikiell. This was received by certain families of players he is currently recruiting. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m going to say, and will not discuss further.

11 Likes

I would not be surprised to see DDJ end up at Maryland. Not the odds on favorite to me, but having Haynes there is going to help IMO. Also I know that this doesnt help them this season

1 Like

DDJ could still end up at Seton Hall. He has to sit out next year and Aiken is only there next year. If any of the 4 spots land a GT for this year I wouldnā€™t rule any out for next year either.

Hmm itā€™s possible. But like you say it wouldnā€™t help them this year. There are going to be a couple of hard crashes in the B1G this year and Maryland might be one of them.

It would be pretty easy for Pickiell to make it seem like he was showing loyalty to his current roster by choosing them over Aiken when, in reality, Bryce was never interested enough for Pickiell to have an actual decision to make. The recruiting pitch heā€™s selling could be far different from what actually happened. As of mid-March, Aiken was quoted as having heard from Marquette, Iowa State, Kansas, Gonzaga, Michigan, Maryland, and Seton Hall. No mention of Rutgers.