Grad transfer Bryce Aiken to announce decision on Thursday

Smoke has been around Seton Hall from when this recruitment started. Aiken has been very quiet but we are in a situation where staying close to home makes a lot of sense obviously.

1 Like

Aiken got a CB to Seton Hall from a BC insider who apparently is a college student at Seton Hall and writes for their school paper.

Maybe he is twins with the guy that said Cooley is our new coach.

12 Likes

I didn’t see hardly any ball screen plays in that video. I know he barely played this past year, but I’m wondering how he would fit in the overall offensive scheme. He seems like a good scorer and has the potential to be a great shooter. But how well does he run an offense?

He’s very good out of PNR. More of a 60-40 shoot-pass split, compared to a guy like Simpson who is a 40-60 but he’s very good.

If Michigan misses out on Aiken and Christopher I wonder if DDJ would consider coming back.

That the announcement is scheduled so soon after DDJ’s transfer is announced – that’s a reason to be hopeful.

3 Likes

I also really like that elbow jumper Aiken has. I think this guy would be a huge addition I just wonder about the injury issues which will almost certainly be a factor.

I think that’s another example of lumping things together that aren’t actually related :wink:

3 Likes

So Michigan just needs to come from behind and steal a big win away from Seton Hall at the last second?

24 Likes

Alright, I’ll be that guy.

Why in the world would a grad transfer from Harvard pick Seton Hall over Michigan, especially when we have starter-type minutes available?

1 Like

Location? Could be a ton of reasons.

2 Likes

He is from new jersey

4 Likes

Seton Hall also will have a ton of minutes available. Location like CoryR said is probably a huge factor, and he has some history with Seton Hall. Definitely understandable.

1 Like

Seton Hall is home and loses Quincy McKnight and Myles Powell. They also featured a small scoring guard to much success this season. Probably a more desirable basketball situation for Aiken to be featured if Michigan ends up with Christopher.

2 Likes

Maybe. But speculation is what we do when we don’t have information. We here are pretty good at it…

I’m from Jersey and I didn’t know Seton Hall was 5 train stops away until years after I graduated HS. Then again Michigan was the first team I followed in college basketball, so I had blinders on.

2 Likes

So, since Aiken isn’t happening… Who’s up next as a grad transfer option?

1 Like

Mike Smith- Columbia. I’m sure there are other options not mentioned as well. Amauri Hardy would be another I’d bet Michigan has touched base with. He’s more of a CG than a PG though.

2 Likes