Game 9: Michigan at Northwestern Open Thread

I still believe he saved their season last year with the two clutch free throws against UCLA. Who seriously knows what happens if he misses one of those.

Being 2-0 in conference in early December is a great feeling

5 Likes

Positives:

Iggy has answered all questions regarding pretty much every part of his game this year. 23 points on 18 shots is pretty damn good against that defense.

Poole took some bad threes in the second half, but he had some huge plays down the stretch that were vital for the victory.

Brooksā€™ three was cold blooded.

Iā€™ll chalk up most negatives to Evanston voodoo as we have a decent amount of data saying theyā€™re probably not trends, but manā€¦ Simpsonā€™s little stretch at the end was absolutely inexplicable. I canā€™t imagine a 25% shooter taking those shots is more efficient than driving it if he must be the one to use the possession.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be curious what Livers numbers are at the 4 vs. 5. Sure seems like he just canā€™t get going at the four.

1 Like

Shocked we only had 9 tos, seemed like we had a lot more

I will bet that Beilein told him to keep shooting the 3 if they arenā€™t going to guard you.

At the same time, Beilein took him out until there was only a defensive possession left. I wonder if itā€™ll come up in the presser.

2 Likes

The fact that he took him out of the game after 3 misses in a row makes me think that he didnā€™t want him shooting those

10 rebounds for Teske. Heā€™s a cominā€™

2 Likes

You tell em! They won a road game in which they didnā€™t play well. You better not even smile, kids! Wolverheel is mad you didnā€™t light the place on fire.

1 Like

If teams choose to play X that way and he canā€™t hit a few, then Eli subbing in is our only reliable counter right now. Sure weā€™ll scheme up some moreā€¦(I hope)

1 Like

IMO, Beilein wanted him taking those, but he just knew he couldnā€™t afford him out there if heā€™s gonna go 0-5 while Vic Law plays free safety.

7 Likes

I love when people randomly hold like 2 year old grudges on internet forums lol.

1 Like

His name is David Dejulius but heā€™s not quite ready yet

2 Likes

Either way, putting Brooks in was a clutch decision. People have had their concerns with him, but Iā€™ll take a 40% three point shooter off the bench.

7 Likes

And Iā€™ll say again, that hook and hold call is ridiculous. There is a difference between a blatant, egregious hook and hold and one thatā€™s inadvertent and the result of players arms getting tangled up. You know which of the two I thought the Teske call was. But, yes, the stoppages In order to go to the monitor really stops the flow of the game, and at the end of the game itā€™s almost unbearable.

2 Likes

5-20 from 3.

The bench had at least 40 minutes and only 3 points.

3 points from Charles Matthews.

I canā€™t believe we won that game on the roadā€¦I give credit to Beilein for the Brooks over Simpson call. Gutsy move and it paid off.

8 Likes

Yeah. That would be great for the team. Heā€™s a highly skilled kid and I donā€™t get to see practiceā€¦but tape from the games suggest we donā€™t get our hopes up quite yetā€¦

Itā€™s inexplicable that what Teske did supposedly warrants a technical, but obvious clear path fouls are basically never called.

5 Likes

Who knows if Beilein is okay with some of those Zavier threes. Obviously not the best shot either given his shooting strugglesā€¦BUTā€¦I still applaud and love Zavierā€™s confidence and willingness to shoot. No fear to keep putting them up. He (rightfully) felt offended and at least wanted to make them pay. Iā€™ll take that attitude for sure.

2 Likes