Game 9: Iowa at Michigan Preview

What kind of sets / scenarios does Garza take threes from right now? Looks like he only takes about 2 a game, with one of those being a pop?

Has Michigan been in the top 3 in Big Ten ball screen usage every year since 2011 (if that data is available)?

Garza, I believe is the only Power 5 player presently averaging 20 points 10 boards per game.

1 Like

If you asked me to draw a picture of Fran from memory, it would 100% be the one on the preview. I feel like he is like that all of the time

1 Like

Need a dub tonight badly. Lets get it ladies and gents

Anyone here going? I’m guessing this will be the first good crowd of the year with football effectively over, decent weather, and a Friday evening start time.

It seems like Iowa is always a problem for us and these games go worse than analytics would suggest - I acknowledge that tends to happen more at Carver-Hawkeye but I feel like weird things happen against them, like Teske getting two fouls in the first 90 seconds, is coughing the ball up incessantly, A Hawkeye having their star-making performance, etc.

Beilein era:
Home: 5-3
Away: 4-6
Neutral: 5-0

2 Likes

I was able to get a pair in S 236, row 22 last night on the UM website. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Cheer hard! I’ll be at the GR Symphony tonight for their Holiday Pops concert! But I have DVR!

Iowa and Illinois were our annual B1G tournament whipping bags

3 Likes

Yeah - that’s probably about what I expected to see, sort of middling results with the exception of some BTT body-bags.

I seem to remember some of our decent early Beilein teams needing heroics to beat like 1 or 2 conference win Hawkeye clubs.

We lost 5 straight games to them from 14-17, most of which were during the dark times Pre-Maverick Morgan and prime Fire Beilein. But the early Beilein teams had some wild games with them, including a a game where Manny Harris got benched (or suspended?).

1 Like

My son,grandson and daughter will be in the same section only row 36.

1 Like

Swear in the Darius Morris year we needed two Jordan Morgan FTs at the buzzer to snatch a win over a last place Hawkeye team.

Right?

If I had to sum up Beilein vs. Iowa it would be neutral court blowouts (Iowa was always in folding mode in the BTT), home wins and road chaos. Every game there was one of those off the rails types where you go “what on earth is happening?”

4 Likes

Great pic of Fran

Might be a dumb question but does anyone know if you can get the fox sports app to tape it and replay? I know you can get it to stay over if you are watching it live but what about after? Work til eleven so I’m just wondering.

I actually think we match up really well with them and as long as we’re rested and come ready to play I think we win by 11 or 12. Teske should hopefully give Garza issues in particular.

I don’t think they are quick enough on the perimeter to defend our guys but we should be able to get up in their jerseys and make life on the perimeter tough for them. Hopefully we play with confidence and get a nice win to start the big ten versus a squad that suddenly looks like a tourney team.

I’ll be there with my pops in 207 2nd to last row from the top yelling our faces off!

2 Likes

I’ve had a lot of trouble with fox sports replays in the past. They do put up replays on their website/app, but it seems like they’re only up there for a day or two and only for the top games (Michigan Iowa will likely be in the top game category). I don’t think there is anyway to tape it specifically.