Game 7: North Carolina at Michigan Preview

Well sure, they are similar in that they are both important players on the scouting report. I just don’t really see a similarity between how Houston/UNC and Gray/White play.

I don’t worry about giving up a little height to a player that rarely posts up and works a lot in transition and slashing, but whoever is guarding Little has to box out.

Fair enough.

I’m feeling that Livers is the defensive Quarterback these days. If the team is out of line, he will put them in line once he is on the court.

This is definitely becoming the case. His communication on the defensive end of the floor is terrific. X might be the emotional quarterback and Matthews brings a level of athleticism that is unmatched, but Livers provides something unique as well.

1 Like

Yeah his leadership is showing more and more. That characteristic is starting to resemble that of Shane Battier, little by little. Observe him how he huddles the team up before a free throw, and instructs the team on what to do on its next sets.

2 Likes

I think this game comes almost entirely down to whether Michigan can limit UNC’s transition opportunities. North Carolina has been sloppy in the half court at times this year, and running their offense through the post (Maye in particular when he’s on the floor) just seems like a recipe for disaster with Teske around. Either team getting hot from 3 could obviously sway things, but if Michigan can slow the pace down and force UNC into a half court game, I really like their chances.

If that starts happening look for JB / Yak to adjust and put Matthews or Livers on him. I’m sure Z would love the challenge of White. The bigger the game Z’s game rises.

I think we see a lot of Matthews on Little and Simpson on White. If Simpson struggles and/or Little is off the court, then I can definitely see Matthews moving over to him as well.

Only 252 tickets left for tonight. I hear there’s a MAIZE OUT and Crisler is really rocking. Also hope the maize unis are worn also. Go Blue. It’s going to be a long 7 hrs to tip.

Interesting, I thought it had already sold out. Hopefully those get picked up.

I believe I saw on one of the official pages tweet that about 450 or so tickets were returned (maybe UNC section tickets?)

EDIT: This is what I was referring to.

I also saw subsequent tweets saying it was sold out now:

1 Like

Zach Shaw has a really good article on 247 Sports Michigan Insider. Dylan you trained him well!