Game 6: Jackson State at Michigan Open Thread

I’m going to show up for Thanksgiving tomorrow in a hoodie that has short sleeves.

4 Likes

Every time these games end and they zoom in on Hunter I swear it’s like he’s slowly realizing how screwed they are more and more every second

6 Likes

This is an ugly team. Just bad in all ways. I.ost frustrated by the offense and the lazy way they closed out this game. Your starters are having to close out a game against an 0-3 cupcake! Finish strong!!

Bad all around really. Coaching, effort, defense, shooting, organization…

Not quite sure what the path forward is. I liked the minutes Baker was on with Hunter. I liked getting shots for Jett.

1. Atlanta Hawks: Jett Howard (Michigan, SG/SF, Freshman)

Howard has immediately caught scouts attention with his shot-making and scoring instincts for a 6’8" wing. Though not the most creative scorer, he’s produced within Michigan’s offense, making jumpers and good decisions in terms of when to attack or move the ball.

1 Like

No defense required, perfect fit.

1 Like

5-1. Just outscore everyone. Simple. Lol

One-quarter of the way to the Big Dance? Can I get an amen?

3 Likes

It is time. #JuwanFraudWatch is on

1 Like

If Jett’s gone you can probably scratch out a tournament bid next year too which will put things in thin ice

1 Like

Please leave that discourse on twitter so I can ignore it for this season thanks

7 Likes

I’d like to see Jett matched up against Jordan (Poole).

I feel like this season could break our addiction. The rest of the league seems to be playing big boy basketball right out of the gates - it is not pleasant to think about how we match up with the rest of the league.

1 Like

I’m just venting now so I apologize for being such a downer but I feel like this is a space to commiserate and I know exactly zero Michigan basketball fans who actually care about this team in real life

But the worst part about this is that I find this team decidedly un-fun to watch. And I really hope that changes, but man sometimes you can get through growing pains and bad basketball if they’re just a little bit fun. Jett is essentially it on this team in that category and even everything he does has to be viewed through a lens of low effort and soon to be NBA goggles.

I hate that it feels like this

3 Likes

Michigan is a bottom 2-3 team in BIG

Tell me who is confident facing Northwestern or Minnesota on the road

2 Likes

Will Llewellyn shoot over 30% this season?

I don’t think there’s ever been a KP #150 type team that’s ever been fun to watch unfortunately. There’s not really a way you can be that bad and also play a fun style

How is this where we are in year four for Juwan? I’m honestly at a loss. Doesn’t feel like the trend line is heading up as far as our program’s potential.

1 Like

There also haven’t been many 150 KP teams with a talent like Hunter Dickinson on it. Incredibly hard to square for me

Makes you think about what the people in charge of the program are doing!

Yeah I mean the season is long and definitely possible that they improve with all the inexperience players but as of now this team feels like it’s going to have trouble holding off Nebraska for the basement of the Big Ten.

Not saying that will happen but with the team we are seeing right now it’s definitely possible