Game 5: Ohio at Michigan Open Thread

I really hope this team just needs time to find its rhythm, but they look lost on both ends right now

Of course we can’t just have an easy game

No perimeter defense we are trash with this lineup

Hard to win games with a backcourt that cannot shoot

3 Likes

The offense “looks” fine

But our backcourt shooting 1-5 on wide open shots to open can ruin that

3 Likes

look, losing to ohio last time meant that illinois was terrible for the next five years and we got a future nba player out of it, so maybe it wouldn’t be so bad!!

Finally, Kobe

2 Likes

It’s a Thanksgiving miracle!

2 Likes

Our defense is incredible. Incredibly terrible.

1 Like

Miles is killing us.

4 bench guys and T will. Should go well

2 Likes

Yeah, at some point it’s just not every team being hot at the start of games.

Yeah, this team just isn’t any good. Pretty deflating sign for the program

Omg i love dug

1 Like

Kobe just dies on screens and puts up zero contest on these pull up jumpers

tempted to play Dug 40mpg and just lean into sub-.500 chaos ball for the entertainment value

3 Likes

this board’s going to jump soon so before it does, i’d say the thing that makes me sad about juwan’s possible issues with recruiting is that
he’s probably not going to have time to adjust it. high school recruiting takes a long time, the issues with relying on transfer recruiting have been covered endlessly here, and it’s probably not a harbaugh situation where he’ll stay here until he fixes it or die trying, especially after his sons leave.

and i think that leads to more of a feeling of hopelessness!

This team has the obvious stated issues, but it just seems uninterested and blasé tonite.

1 Like

The problem is that teams are perfectly willing to just leave Kobe and TWill wide open (and maybe JL too, jury’s still out) and they can’t make them pay.

And no team we’re gonna play all year has three guys you can just leave wide open so it’s not reciprocated on the defensive end.

Don’t really see it going away either. Kobe’s a willing shooter but he sure doesn’t look like a 35% guy. TWill is what he is. I do think JL will start to make more but
woof