Game 3: Michigan at Villanova Open Thread

If only Poole didn’t still go for ball fakes lol

Not Me! :wink:

Gary Grant was pretty good.

3 Likes

If anyone needs any more good news, unanimous big ten favorite / consensus top 10 team Michigan State is tied 24-24 with a dangerous Louisiana-Monroe team

3 Likes

I should add “that I remember” lol.

1 Like

Zavier has been getting beat to the basket early this season by overplaying on the perimeter…

I haven’t seen anything like this since, well, I cannot remember seeing anything like this ever.

I think the last week would prove that a close game against a mid or low major doesn’t prove too much. People were probably saying something similar about Michigan-Holy Cross.

3 Likes

Is ULM playing zone?

My point has always been that it’s obnoxious that MSU was a runaway favorite in the league. I’d say tonight and the early season’s results would back that up.

At my daughter’s practice and can’t watch on TV, checked the score, fell off my chair, and now constantly hitting refresh on multiple sites to follow the carnage. SHOCKED…and impressed!

Is this like Harbaugh hiding the QB-run plays early in the season? Beilein and Yaklich waiting to unleash this destruction on their own revenge tour?

Can we get a push off JC

Yes Bill Raftery, I am also amazed at the survival rate in college basketball.

1 Like

8 steals and 5 blocks already! Along with the always Beilein-approved low turnover numbers (just 2 so far).

Crowd got back into it a bit with a big Paschall dunk, but Michigan outscored Villanova 8-6 in the first 5 minutes of the second half.

3 Likes

so this is going well

1 Like

Things got back to normal for the night when Livers came back in .

God am I glad to see Livers out there.

Isaiah Livers picks up his third foul and it looks like Brandon Johns will check in at the next dead ball.

2 Likes

Johns coming in… let’s see how this goes