Game 3: Michigan at Villanova Open Thread

So has Jay Wright actually been scouting us this season, and if so and will 'Nova open up in a zone?

It is hard to just “play zone” when you never teach zone. Beilein commented on that yesterday.

3 Likes

Stealing this from Twitter:
How good is Holy Cross??

3 Likes

They gave Providence a real tussle last night. Led most of the game.

1 Like

I was legitimately worried about that game going in. Won’t be surprised one bit if they’re the conference champs and in the tourney.

Death lineup? Isaiah Livers checked in at the 5 with 10:15 to play and Jon Teske didn’t check back in until there were 25 seconds left.

Michigan outscored Villanova 27-9 during that span.

1 Like

it usually means our 5 is the best deep threat on the floor, which dramatically changes the defensive approach. I like it… a lot.

Teske brings a lot of different elements too, so the dual nature of our 5 right now is great for the offense and defense

Iggy is legitimately holding his own on the defensive end against one of the best stretch 4s in the country

2 Likes

Is M bb and fb going to be #1 in D for the whole nation in the same year?

1 Like

Anybody else worried about Villanova coming out on fire this second half? Feel like it can only go downhill from here

1 Like

The run will probably happen, but Michigan didn’t have the patented “end of half drought” so the lead is more than comfortable.

Michigan was 14-of-20 on 2-pointers in the first half. Live stats have Wolverines at 11-of-14 on layups and dunks.

Feels like Villanova probably extending pressure a bit too much and can’t stay in front of U-M off the bounce.

(scribbling on board) Win the game.

Gus Johnson looks exactly like Gus from Breaking Bad and I’ll never unsee that.

3 Likes

Apparently per the Villanova blog there are some folks here who paid $3000 for tickets.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a player with hands as good as Simpson. Never.

1 Like

Don’t seem to be slowing down at all

I didn’t think we would be able to get to the rim against Nova like we have been.