Game 3: Michigan at Villanova Open Thread

Iggy is 10th on kenpom’s player of the year list

1 Like

A big part is possibly Nova’s versatility keeping Davis on the bench. Or was he hurt somehow and I missed it?

Also it was johns’s First road game, against the defending national champs. Understandable that he looked like a freshman.

1 Like

Davis got benched after he got edged by Gillispie on a soft show, gave up a lane to the paint and a foul. He’s just not very good. Might end up with a 7 man rotation this year.

2 Likes

It looked like Davis fell off the raised floor just behind the basket. Maybe he was hurt on the play? I don’t remember seeing him back on the floor after that.

2 Likes

Good catch, I totally missed that.

1 Like

It’s only the third game of the season. He is still learning and adjusting. He is going to be great.

I think he is one of our most talented players. That is why I hope JB arranges the pieces in a way that he is able to get on th floor as quickly as possible in a position and role he feels most comfortable in…

What a huge win! I did not expect them to come out and play like that!

1 Like

I thought it was encouraging to see Johns in the game earlier and not garbage time. Once he gets it he would he another big body doing work.

1 Like

Johns isn’t ready to play right now, that’s pretty clear. There are also no open minutes at the four.

There are going to be games where Austin Davis can’t play which means there’s a huge opportunity as a backup five.

2 Likes