Game 29: Michigan at Ohio State Preview

1 Like

Old Kenpom can cram it’s prediction. We’re not getting swept by OSU. GO BLUE let’s get this done on the road.

3 Likes

As bad a taste as the Wisconsin game leaves in our mouth I think everyone will be happy if we win this game on the road. Will be difficult but if we have Brooks I will feel good, especially if they don’t have Young. We’d probably still be on the same seed line and rankings come next week if that was the case too.

Acceptable loss and better win, definitely would hold serve seed wise.

2 Likes

I agree with Mith here. We’re not being swept by that team down south. X I’m sure still has a bitter taste from the last 2 minutes of the first meeting. Eli says he’s going to play. That’s good enough for me. WIN THIS GAME! Go Blue!

2 Likes

I’ve seen enough losses to Ohio State in my life to not ever assume we are in any way due for a win. In fact it’s quite the opposite

2 Likes

There was a point in the Wisconsin game where they really stretched out the lead (16 or so) and I realized how emotionally numb I’ve gotten towards sports because of Michigan football. There was a dude behind me throwing a legitimate (and I mean that with no exaggeration. 100% full blown) temper tantrum about missed layups and I was just like meh, I’ve witnessed so much worse. Same thing on the missed free throws, and the Illinois loss, and the Oregon loss, etc.

1 Like

LOL same. Although I probably haven’t been watching for as long as you have.

For some reason the Oregon game was tough on me. The rest I agree with though.

1 Like

Only game I got mad afterwards was the Illinois game just cause we absolutely should have won that and it seemed like the season may be on the brink.

2 Likes

@umhoops I have never seen this “awaiting approval” message before, is there something that would automatically flag that post?

Get we get a fast start for once? Seems like forever since this team was aggressive and confident right from the tip.

3 Likes

Blow test test test.

Dylan put in an auto mod but it has also flagged random posts I’ve had with no profanity. Then I’d use those same words and it’d go through

1 Like

That first meeting will always be remembered as the Flagrant 1 game, but wow, I forgot just how many great looks we blew that night. That reel seems like a season’s worth of high percentage misses. What a weird season this has been, especially at home. We’ve laid enough eggs at Crisler, and part of me is glad this is a road game.

1 Like

Takeaway from that video is that Kaleb Wesson doesn’t have a chance in hell guarding Michigan in the PnR as long as Michigan makes reasonable shots. Surprised that OSU’s PnR D grades out so well. He did not look particularly impressive as a drop defender.

L.M.A.O. I think that may be what got you flagged @tarverine :wink:

I was totally aggravated with Pritchard killing X, and no timeout or other defensive adjustment personally. Iowa FT discrepancy also comes to mind.

1 Like

Any worry about the mask affecting Eli’s vision on the court/shooting. I was kind of hoping he’d be in the lineup at home so he had a game to adjust to the mask. I remember when RIP first started wearing his for tre pistons and it took a while to adjust

Great point, it will take him some time to get used to the mask. It will probably affect his shooting. I don’t expect he will have a great game offensively, but it should not affect his defense.

I’m reading that Eli is listed as “out” for tomorrow rather than “game time decision.” Any information available?

Bad news if true… we have been snakebit with injuries. A broken nose that keeps a player out for multiple games!!!