Game 29: Michigan at Ohio State Preview

Where are you reading that? That’s a key part of the equation.

As far as I know, there’s been no update. Michigan didn’t meet with the media since the game on Thurs.

There is a page I get when I google umhoops. That page always lists the next game and gives an injury report. It has Eli listed as “out” rather than “game time decision.”

It has the block M on the blue stripe on the top and Michigan Wolverines. It gives overall record, B1G record and then there is an injury report section in the body of the page.

EDIT: On that particular page it seems to me I’ve seen updates in the past i.e. Livers “out” but then updated to “game time decision,” so maybe that’s the case here. Since he missed Thursday’s game perhaps they list him as “out” pending an update. But if I’m not mistaken, it seems to me Eli was listed as “game time” yesterday, so…hmmm…And yes, a huge blow if he is out.

Don’t think we’ll know an update on Eli until warmups tomorrow unless someone reports something. I wouldn’t trust a ticker item like that.,

1 Like

That’s fake news I hope.

1 Like

OK, so now that same page has updated Kyle Young from “out” to “game time decision,” but nothing on Eli. I’m (obviously) hoping that Juwan just hasn’t given any updates on Eli and they are going by the fact that he didn’t play Thursday night. D.J. Carton, by the way and for what it’s worth, is listed as “game time decision” and he hasn’t played, as a result of mental health issues, in over a month! I hope it’s all meaningless, but it caught my eye, and until we have anything definitive I’m going to be a little nervous.

This game against that school is important, but not essential. If Young plays and Eli does not, then it it won’t look good. I was more concerned about how Livers looked about 50% speed versus Wisconsin. I’m okay with letting Eli heal, letting Livers heal, eat the loss against that team, then ramp up for tournament season. Health has been such a narrative; made me forget how spoiled we as fans were for the past few seasons (sans Matthews’ ankle).

3 Likes

Kyle young is a pretty damn big loss for them, I think he’s their second most valuable player

Is DJ Carton still inactive to address personal health issues?

2 Likes

Yep, Carton has not rejoined the team.

1 Like

Which also lends lack of credibility to the injury report I saw which listed Carton as “game time decision.” Obviously if Carton has not yet rejoined the team, he’s not a game time decision, he’s out.

I sure hope Eli is healthy and protected enough (mask) to play. We need proper rotations on offense and another guy who can hit the three, and his energy, effort, and intensity on defense.

1 Like

I’ve heard no Eli today as well. Juwan has an NBA mindset and is very conservative with injuries.

8 Likes

Where did you hear that?

My cat just told me Eli is out today. Which is weird because he didn’t even think he followed basketball.

14 Likes

And you don’t have a cat.

9 Likes

Thank you BQ for sharing that info. :smiley:

If he goes black mask he should come out to player intros wearing a cape.

“Laughing my ___ off” gets flagged because of the naughty three letter word. Also, the word c-r-a-p minus the dashes gets flagged.