Game 24: Wisconsin at Michigan Recap

Often, Livers is open and calling for the ball but nobody passes it to him. I saw that a couple times at least in the second half when we could have used it badly.

Simpson was awesome helping out on defense against the Wisconsin bigs. He switched on 6-10, 6-11 guys and was not intimidated by the task. As a matter of fact, he relished it. Dude is such a valuable player.

4 Likes

I feel like ā€œnobody passes it to himā€ depends on who has the ball. Is it Simpson? You might get it. Is it someone else? Probably not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

FWIW it anecdotally seems like Iggy is turning into less of a black hole, but the nature of those heā€™s passing to makes it look like heā€™s still just as big of a vacuum (assist rate-wise). I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a way to track kick outs when they donā€™t lead to baskets though.

Iā€™m not talking actual distributor level stuff, just like one or two nice drives and passes a game.

2 Likes

There was the one possession where Matthews gave it up to him and then he gave it back to Matthews for a corner 3. The pass was terrible, but at least it was there. I thought it was a good step!

1 Like

Was that in the second half? Was he passing more because he is evolving or because he was 1 for 8 in the first half (and scoreless in Madison)?

It was in the 2nd half, and it was a terrible pass. :slightly_smiling_face: I see it as a freshman evolving into a better player, just as his pull-up in transition (instead of trying to bull to the hoop against multiple defenders) against OSU was evolution. I seriously doubt the decision had anything to do with him having a bad shooting day up to that point.

You would think the coaches would want him shooting and tell others to look for him.

My point was more that Zavier Simpson sees the floor significantly better than the rest of the roster.

2 Likes