Game 22: Michigan at Iowa Open Thread

Pretty sure @umhoops said our first loss would come when Teske got in foul trouble…turns out Dylan just missed the call by a game. Teske foul trouble + absolutely horrendous shooting + hostile road environment from a good, hungry team = L

Michigan is really, really good. Not Duke or Virginia good, but really good. Watching them win just isn’t pretty on the eye, and we saw what happens when the D isn’t up to it’s usual standards. 20-2 with two road losses to top 30 teams is really good. But will have to be even better to win the B1G because MSU is really good, too.

1 Like

Oof, Michigan’s offense took a big tumble on Kenpom.

Deservedly so though from the stats.

1 Like

Yep, that’ll happen when you only muster .81 PPP against the worst defense in the conference, a D that allows 1.09 PPP in league games.

3 Likes

If we lose one more game before we play MSU, our chances of winning the conference outright will be just about cooked.

Michigan only had four assisted baskets in the first half.* A lot of head down drives and jacked up off the dribble jumpers, exactly what Iowa’s gameplan wanted. We lost an uptempo game. Expecting more teams to play us this way.

*All Simpson

Sounds bout right

We might be cooked already. We have only played 3 games against the top 5 teams and are 1-2. We are 8-0 against the bottom 8. We still have to play Wisconsin again and 2 each against Maryland and MSU. That will be a hard row to hoe.

Not if we get our mojo back and just crush state twice :point_up:

2 Likes

Next game for Michigan is very important. If you sleepwalk into the RAC you’ll be in a dogfight. Rutgers has little talent (Baker and Omoruyi are nice players) but they play harder than anyone in the league. Bounce back and break 70 for the first time since the second Northwestern game.

I would like to see this, but Rutgers is gonna ugly this game up and I think 70 could be hard to come by.

I’d like to see the “O” get going but the next 2 games against Rutgers and Wisconsin may not show it because of the D/style of play those teams use.

I know nothing of this Rutgers team and haven’t watched them once. They’ve won three in a row , right? I think this team is going to come to play . We shall see. They need to get their groove back.

Rutgers will give up some looks (nearly 40% of shots attempted against them are threes) and Michigan has to cash in on them.

They had won three in a row, yes. They lost to OSU in Columbus this afternoon, 76-62.