Game 22: Michigan at Iowa Open Thread

Tonight’s officiating crew for Michigan at Iowa: Terry Wymer,D.J. Carstensen and Lewis Garrison.

I got in on the over at 140.5. Probably should have waited to see if it keeps dropping.

But I’m down now. Commence Matador, Hawkeyes!!

Is this the 8th M game this season for Carstensen?

Believe it is his 9th.

Garrison and Wymer were in State College last night, racking up those Delta SkyMiles.

Yeah I watched that game.

I believe Bo Borowski went from the game in Ann Arbor on Tuesday to Rutgers in New Jersey on Wednesday and I saw him in Tempe, Arizona for Arizona-ASU last night. That’s nuts.

Thats the thing I don’t understand with college basketball officiating. A schedule like that is not setting a guy up for success.

They are independent contractors, so their success is their money.

1 Like

Iv heard a couple times in the past where there have been weather issues and some guys have done a D1 noon tip, drive across state lines, and do a D1 night game. Wild.

Pretty close to that time of the season for Matthews time. Tonight would be a great game to start it this year!

3 Likes

I think we’re still a couple weeks out but it’d be a pleasant surprise if it started early this year! The Big 10 schools just seem to know how to defend him. Luckily for us Iowa doesn’t defend anyone!

2 Likes

Garza looks like a huge version of Mick, the bad guy basketball player from Teen Wolf.

Hey a clock problem on a Friday night! Seen that before.

Game hasn’t even tipped off yet and Brando has already hit the “Matthews is a Kentucky transfer”, “Poole hit a buzzer beater last March”, and “Iggy is Canadian” bullet points.

3 Likes

And “John Beilein has never been an assistant”. He’s already hit all the talking points.

4 Likes

“Beilein has never been an assistant” is also checked off the list.

This should be a great matchup for Eli

Well less than ideal start with the fouls

1 Like

This is ridiculous already.