Game 21: Michigan vs. Rutgers Recap

Yep, that was great. He showed a lot of patience, felt the defence, then made it happen. The play reminded me of the move he put on Cockburn late in last weekend’s game, but in that one, the ball didn’t go in. Different move, but same type of situation.

1 Like

Yep and four of those losses were to teams that made the Final Four.

7 Likes

Agree, his athleticism gets overrated too. He’s an average athlete but not much more. He struggles against threes in man situations, no chance he can guard twos.

I’m with the shortened bench but I’d still like to see ddj a bit. I don’t think he’s this bad. He needs some confidence and to work through it. He has talent that could pay off by seasons end.

Good win still.

Yea he’s got really nice footwork. He makes that left handed spin move 7-10 times at least. It got flamed as we ended up losing and it didn’t go down but you can’t knock the look it just didn’t go.

This is Howard’s team so many differences in coaching theories it’s hard to say what Beilein would do. I truly have enjoyed Howard this year happy Beilein left at this point.

1 Like

I’m over him leaving, but happy he left is tough to state on my part. Its hard to lose a guy who was a top five coach in the college game. A few games this year I think they win if he was still around. Im cautiously optimistic howard works out still but happy he left is tough… there are things I do like about howard more though. Definitely a give and take.

1 Like

Happy the best coach in school history left? Is this like the guy who gets tired of dating the supermodel?

I see plenty of reasons to be excited about the future, but I really wanted him to get a championship here, and I think he might have.

3 Likes

yea, he was working that way. was about to break through in recruiting to it seemed like.

Yes especially if there’s a better Supermodel available.

3 Likes

Bottom line here is the Jimmys and Joes right? Beilein wasn’t going to be recruiting Christophers and Todds. Let’s see what happens as this recruiting cycle wraps up, but unless Howard proves to be a total flop at execution of what appear to be good x’s and o’s, there’s going to be a talent upgrade here.

it is hard to know what a coaching search would have look like if it happened earlier in the year, and if Michigan could have attracted a coach that can recruit like Howard is so far.

1 Like

Funny that you remember those 2 bad Steratore calls, I totally remember both and think about them from time to time. Glad to not see that guy around in a while. But seems theres another ref out to get us too now, can’t remember his name but he’s made a few bad calls against us this year.