Game 2: Oakland at Michigan Open Thread

Johns would be a really exciting player if he was a freshman

7 Likes

It definitely did to some extent. Only so much you can score on ancillary action. Franz isnā€™t gonna be a 1st team guy only scoring on spot-ups and cuts.

Ouch. Maybe stay away from that area

The whole team ate butter fingers during that last TV timeout

4 Likes

That defensive rebounding by Davis :grimacing:

Hot takeā€¦Brandon Johns kinda looks like Side Show Bob from the Simpsonsā€¦

1 Like

How many truly unforced turnovers?

Lot of things for Juwan to talk about at halftime.

1 Like

Maybe not ball screen, but more on ball certainly seemed to be the premise and we arenā€™t seeingā€¦any of that yet? We also arenā€™t seeing the improved shooting either but itā€™s early.

This was from your (awesome) Franz write-up. So far, Iā€™d say his scoring upside isnā€™t really growing exponentially partially because the actions themselves arenā€™t there.

ā€œThis year, Juwan Howard will have to draw up more on-ball actions such as ball screens and dribble hand-offs for Wagner ā€” something we rarely saw last season. If Wagner can consistently get to the rim as a ball screen creator, or Howard can design a dribble hand-off package that lets him get downhill, his scoring upside starts to grow exponentially.ā€

Agreed. Heā€™s made progress. The highs are higher. But still frustratingly inconsistent.

JB is watching at home and pulling out what little hair he has left with these turnovers. Good grief.

I just buzzed my head this morning or Iā€™d be pulling out mine.

4 Likes

This team really cannot function with no Mike Smith. Would be a season of tears if he had not transferred over.

1 Like

Eli with the ball in his hands just gives me nightmares

Eli Brooks has 1 assist and 5 turnovers

Yeah, but thereā€™s no on-ball offense against a zone. So thatā€™s kind of irrelevant today. I think heā€™ll still show plenty of that, and what weā€™ve seen thus far is that itā€™ll be more of a DHO/slashing game from the side.

I just donā€™t think that one game where he left injured and a game against a junk zone is enough to draw any leaping conclusions.

2 Likes

How about we donā€™t effing auto bench our PG with 2 fouls

Lol right it was a bad JB game if we had more than 8 turnovers the whole gameā€¦Eli may have that himself in the first half!

What an awful first half!! I thought this team was going to be real good but after seeing this not so sure anymore. Just terrible offense and defense not good either.

1 Like

Eli playing like that LSU game his freshman year.

Guess we suck now!!!

6 Likes