Game 19: Illinois at Michigan Recap

I feel DDJ will be able to grow into the created role next year. Quite frankly they have no choice until some freshman who may come gets up to speed. This is Simpson’s team at this point to a fault and it took a year and a half for him to get to this point. DDJ is a sophomore and practically get anywhere he wants on the court. Needs to grow into the role

Yea, I get not wanting him out there but he actually made a great move and got a great look he normally hits. Say what you want about him but he has nice low post moves. More upset he threw that line drive on the ft.

1 Like

Completely disagree about ddj being able to get practically anywhere on the court, guys with that skill set don’t settle for mid range jump shots and floaters as much as he does.

7 Likes

Only 5 assists is worse than either of those stats…better shooting would have increases the A’s, but not enough movement other than Z’s dribbling…

I think you significantly over-rate/over-expect on DDJ.

You need to hope it turns out positive with DDJ as there is no one else on the roster at this point (no pun) or committed to fill Simpson’s role next year. Unless someone expects Zeb Jackson to surprise as a freshman ( I do like his long term potential).

I actually really like DDJ and am hoping he gets handed the keys a bit more/gets much more time going forward. Out of any of the younger guys I think he is the guy who could step up and be a big contributor consistently.

For a team that is lacking a guy who can create shots outside of one guy (sometimes eli) I think DDJ is by far the next best guy and needs to be out ther.e. He’s our best hope and I think he would come through actually

I’m really in shock here with how the season has turned out. I keep looking at the roster and it might not be as talented as years past, but its better than this… They really dropped the ball on this little run here. I don’t see a way they can turn this around with the upcoming schedule.

These were all very winnable (and loseable i know) games over the last five or six and they needed to get a split. Losing to minny for instance was just a bad loss IMO. Iowa maybe not as much, but that was stilll a game that was very winnable. Then following it up with penn state and Illinois at home and its been a very dissappointing run. They needed to at worst split in this four game set and to go 0-4 is just such a huge dissappointment. Can’t believe it.

4 Likes

Welp don’t really know where to put this, but there’s serious rumblings out there that simpson is about to be suspended. If true, this season is really off the rails.

Any rumblings as to why? On-court or off-court? (I didn’t see the Illinois game, thankfully…)

Rumbling appears to be off-court from what I can tell

Oh my gosh…

Where are these rumors stemming from? Only thing I saw was some sketchy “Michigan Sports Truth Podcast.” Any rumblings that are more credible than that?

If true, then Bajema is just one C.J. Baird injury away from getting some playing time at the two.

4 Likes

Wait what?wtf is going on

The only source I see on this is a twitter account that has 200 followers and also said X is dating Sasha Obama???

It just seems like that tweet was written solely for clicks.

I think the tweet is just piggy backing off message board rumors from more reliable sources

1 Like

That tweet is probably fake. There are rumblings from Rivals and other old-timey boards though.

Everything went downhill when Jace Howard committed

/s

Yes basically confirmed by a very well connect basketball poster(not balas) on rivals.