Game 17: Northwestern at Michigan Open Thread

Not trying to pile on the kid but if your Jace Howard you can’t get back cut on a BLOB play. Or throw it off the side of the backboard for that matter.

My guess is that this gonna be match up based. A team with bigs (Iowa) will give Will minutes. A game like this with more guards and Jace will get more run

2 Likes

Not going to act like Will was as good as certain social media accounts made him out to be against Iowa, but there’s nothing he did to move behind Jace in the rotation again.

4 Likes

This team just has a russian roulette style of picking one new fatal flaw each game. Guess we drew turnovers today.

3 Likes

Can they run anything to get Hunter a middle post entry? The touches on the block are leading to wild skip passes.

I don’t even understand what just happened dug

1 Like

Dug might be my favorite player, but rein it in son!

1 Like

Williams without a single stat. But no turnovers, so all’s good I guess.

1 Like

A four point game with those shooting splits…

Juwan needs to take some responsibility for this stuff. He goes with a lineup that can’t generate any offense. That pretty much keeps NW in the game or at least settle down. Now some turnovers continued, poor transition D and the game is tight.

4 Likes

If hunter can’t do anything in the post and his skip passes are gonna be two feet too high, am I crazy to want to see more Tarris? Seems like he’s playing better defense.

1 Like

I kept thinking “When T-Will is an upperclassmen he’s going to make a ton of winning plays if nothing else.” He’s not there yet unfortunately.

2 Likes

The Jace stuff is so indefensible

1 Like

You can’t just stand and look at your shot like that. That’s the kind of stuff that just loses games at this level.

1 Like

This sounds silly, but almost every one of NW points are horribly blown defensive plays by Michigan. Their only real difficult shot was the Beran 40 foot three that you will concede. Missed rotations, sloppy turnovers, backdoor cuts…

The way to play NW is just play sound basic defense and force them to create something on their own. Giving up dunks and layups to this team??

Meanwhile our bench coughed the ball up constantly and some will say later that it was NW defense but it wasn’t…they were just bad plays.

3 Likes

Agree. Extended Jace shift was unnecessary. Kept them in the game.

Why does it seem like Hunter gets beat to every 50/50 rebound?

T-Will just a non factor.

Northwestern was begging us to blow them out for 10 minutes and we’re just like nah.

1 Like

Yup, thought he’d be a super solid, well rounded role player. And he’s just been a negative so far this year.

1 Like

My goodness, we’re going to be down at half. :joy: