Game 10: Minnesota at Michigan Open Thread

Missed 3 in a row since cutting it to 6

Coach Howard is the reigning national coach of the year and, IIRC, has won more games in his first two seasons than any coach in Michigan history, and that’s despite COVID schedule interruptions. I think I’d be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

6 Likes

SeCoND WoRsT CoAcHInG JoB iN DiV 1 AfTEr PeNnY

1 Like

I would like to see this board if Izzo had this start with a returning All American, Two 5 stars, a returning 2 year starter, and a plethora of other top 50/100 recruits.

Yikes, Hunter has had a disastrous end game here.

Gotta hand it to Ben Johnson though. His hire was panned, but he’s making it work with a team full of spare parts.

6 Likes

Always. Lol

1 Like

It’s over Johnny

It’s roster composition, can’t have questionable shooters at center, pf, and pg and be a good offensive team unless you are a balls to the wall offensive rebounding team(which is totally against juwans philosophy).

5 Likes

We’d laugh at him. Obviously, Juwan has struggled to coach this particular team. He certainly hasn’t done a good job with this tire fire. But this team just isn’t that good.

Sounds like nothing I said was dramatic then!

2 Likes

These refs have left much to be desired these last few minutes for both teams

He’s fine but this is where you miss a consistent proven winning hand like Beilein. You know he’d be able to take the talent on this roster and eventually have them playing high level basketball in Feb/March. Howard could do the same but he hasn’t yet.

Of course Beilein would not have as talented of a recruiting class most likely.

3 Likes

The thing that’s hurt the most imo is Houstan not living up to his billing. We absolutely needed him to be one of our top 3 scorers and he’s been invisible far too often.

3 Likes

One of the stinkiest smells I have ever sniffed. Pee yew

1 Like

Agree on both counts. To me, this has looked a lot like the early-season Kentucky teams, where every year we say “hey, Kentucky’s awful this year,” and then they improve markedly by the start of the tournament. It remains to be seen if this team will do the same thing, but I’m certainly not giving up yet.

4 Likes

I don’t really care to enter into Juwan debates after a great year last year but this team DESPERATELY needs more shooting next year. The Dug McDaniel choice at PG, another non-shooter, looks like another bad recruiting call given the current roster.

Get.guys.who.can.shoot

1 Like

Darkness warshed over the Dude.

3 Likes

I mean, do we really know this is the 2nd worst coaching job in America? Sometimes the parts don’t work together. Sometimes there are too many guys with too far to go in terms of knowing how to play winning basketball. Yeah, he didn’t assemble a team that seems to work well as a whole.

I don’t know this team is so incredibly dumb. I hate watching them.

2 Likes

It’s obviously an overreaction but this year has not been a good job through December. Last year was an incredible job and I’m confident Juwan will be ready next year. But hard to say it’s not disappointing to miss the tournament this year.