Game 1: Norfolk State at Michigan Open Thread

Freshman Livers and Brooks no longer exist. Both look ready to take a big step forward

4 Likes

Livers and Poole are noticeably improved, in my opinion. Poole is playing so much more within himself, despite having a poor shooting day.

If NSU starts bringing junk traps like that this might get out of hand quickly.

Really like how Livers has been playing.

1 Like

Big time. Shows a maturity this team needs

Also… Michigan quite clearly has an eight-man rotation.

If he can continue to hit jumpers, Livers is going to be a huge plus.

I loved the Livers look out of the middle of the zone for the Brooks 3.

Brooks has no lack of confidence this year.

My three preseason predictions I felt super strongly about: MSU was very overrated, Michigan would struggle big time making threes, Eli Brooks would be a big contributor and could help with the 3P struggles. Feel pretty confident about all three after tonight, despite MSU’s 2H comeback.

1 Like

Livers-Brooks 4-7 from three. Starters 2-15.

1 Like

(These are all documented :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The FT struggles may kill me this year with less margin for error given the likely offensive issues.

1 Like

One of the most lackluster 20-point wins to open a season. You guys can pay for your subscriptions by hammering the under on Michigan games for the next few months :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oh yeah. And any Michigan spreads ~18+. This team attacks the rim so much that it’ll end up at the line a lot… which may not be very good.

Not a pretty Beilein offense like in years past, but at least there’s room to grow?

We might be Virginia this year and I don’t know how to feel about that

Biggest takeaway is that Livers and Brooks feel like starters. I almost wonder if we could somehow stagger Simpson and Matthews periodically with one of Livers/Brooks to get some more shooting on the floor.

4 Likes

There is a lot of talent on this team. They have room to grow and come together.

8 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists for Livers tonite. I just feel better when he’s on the floor for some reason.

3 Likes